Working Online

100% agreed with Ubonjoe.

As common sense and general law practice, the Law in Thailand is the Thai Law, not the US, UK, French, whatever.

BTW, I'm a lawyer (EU commercial law) but I don't try to present myself as a knowledgeable lawyer for issues re. Thai Immigration Laws. Humility always goes a long way.

• Like 1

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not sure how many times.I can say I am not and do not consider myself an expert on this or any Thai law. All of which was outside the scope of my original post. But for all of you who do consider yourself experts (just take your word for it), have at it.

Really not sure how many times.I can say I am not and do not consider myself an expert on this or any Thai law. All of which was outside the scope of my original post. But for all of you who do consider yourself experts (just take yur word for it), have at it.

then why the constant reminders of your profession?

• Like 2

The pretty basic research I did this morning (on consulate websites, etc.) seems to differ from what you say. But regardless, again, not suggesting anyone should take my word for it (or yours, for that matter). People should do their own research. Since there are as many opinions as users here.

I any case, I think we are pretty far off topic at this point. Other forums are better suited for discussions of the basic tourist visa and VER schemes.

A lot of info you find on embassy and consulates is out of date or just plain wrong.

For tourist visas it would be specific for that particular embassy or consulate and even then you would find that in reality they do something different than what is written. Just because it appears in an embassy or consulate in a country does not mean it is specifically for that country. You can look here to see if their is any country specific requirements for tourist visas. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

For visa exemption many embassies and consulates has info htat is almost 6 years out of date. This webpage on the MFA website has the correct info, http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15396-Tourist-Visa-Exemption.html

It does not mention the 30 day entries for those from the G7 countries at border crossing though.

The pretty basic research I did this morning (on consulate websites, etc.) seems to differ from what you say. But regardless, again, not suggesting anyone should take my word for it (or yours, for that matter). People should do their own research. Since there are as many opinions as users here.

I any case, I think we are pretty far off topic at this point. Other forums are better suited for discussions of the basic tourist visa and VER schemes.

A lot of info you find on embassy and consulates is out of date or just plain wrong.

For tourist visas it would be specific for that particular embassy or consulate and even then you would find that in reality they do something different than what is written. Just because it appears in an embassy or consulate in a country does not mean it is specifically for that country. You can look here to see if their is any country specific requirements for tourist visas. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

For visa exemption many embassies and consulates has info htat is almost 6 years out of date. This webpage on the MFA website has the correct info, http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15396-Tourist-Visa-Exemption.html

It does not mention the 30 day entries for those from the G7 countries at border crossing though.

You're so right .. As with many things on the internet, there's often so much more out-dated and inaccurate information on any given topic that the only way to get it right is to go to the source.