What is your favourite film moment?

i claudius

My one is

"Bridges over Madison County", with Clint Eastwood and Meryll Streep" , the bit st the end when she is in the truck with her husband and Clint is in the truck in front, and she is contemplating getting out of the Truck, her hand was on the handle..... It was so so moving and I felt for him and her, the husband was oblivious to what was going on.....

Anyway, that's my favourite, and yes I am an Old Queen......

At your age I don't think you really qualify as an Old Queen- but certainly like your choice.

I get your drift, I am a big fan of Meryl Streep and anything she is in, I do make a point of watching , biggest disappointment was Mama Mia , did not like that at all..

Another one of my favourite films is "La Vie En Rose" it's about the life of Edith Piaff... It was an excellent film, very sad, ... I am a sop for a sad film...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Days of the Condor, Max Von Sydow (a global professional assassin - Joubert) says to a young Robert Redford (CIA analyst in over his head Joe):

Joe Turner: I'd like to go back to New York.

Joubert: You have not much future there. It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift.

• Like 1

Bad Day at Black Rock (1954)

Exact words forgotten but the gist:

Spencer Tracy walks into the room he has rented in the town's only hotel. Finds Lee Marvin racked out on his bed, with dirty clothes and dusty boots. He politely tells Marvin there must be some mistake, he has paid for this room.

Lee Marvin: No mistake. When I'm in town, this is MY room, and, as any fool can plainly see, I'm in town.

What can you say after that?

Tom Hank's laughing fit in "The Money Pit" as the bath is filled and falls through the floor.

Also same movie where he's stumbling around blindly around the house's outside scaffolding coved in paint.

Also considering the recent loss of the irreplaceable Robin Williams, I must say that the whole movie "Bicentennial Man" is one of the best, funniest and most moving movies ever made.

Edited by cyborgx

Scarface ,say hello to my little friend!!!

That brings to mind the end of "And Justice For All."

However, I'll choose one from obscurity. In "Sideways," Virginia Madsen explains why she likes wine, in a moving, romantic speech. Fellow wine connoisseur Paul Giamotti, who longs for her, then excuses himself to the restroom.

^Your username reminds me of one from Trading Places, the great comedy with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy, where the Duke brothers are trying to explain the commodity trading business to Eddie Murphy:

Nice scene, and yes, that's the inspiration for my name. I love Eddie's look here.

I don't think anyone's ever made me choose one scene from the movie, but this might be it. The YT poster pointed out that the dude who played Gus Fring on Breaking Bad is in it.

Oh, and the dialogue is NSFW.

Edited by dukeandduke

There are just too many...

I'm your Huckleberry - Tombstone, Val Kilmer

Shakin' the tree boss, shakin' the tree - Cool Hand Luke, Paul Newman

What we have here...... is a.......failure......to communicate. - Cool Hand Luke, Strother Martin

What is you major malfunction numbnuts? Didn't your mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child? - Full Metal Jacket

Corniest feel good scene ever made in a movie: An Officer and a Gentlemen ending where the handsome young naval officer (Richard Gere) comes to rescue his maiden from a life of lower middle class drudgery:

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

There are many i like but my favourite is the death scene from Blade runner

"I,ve seen things you people wouldn't believe,attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion ,i've watched c beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate,all these moments will be lost in time,tears in the rain---time to die."

in the end its the same for us all ,our memories ,gone ,just like tears in the rain

+1, excellent scene.

• Like 2

Do you know the definition of nemesis?

"A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a horrible c***: Me" cheesy.gif

Love that movie.

Also Clint Eastwood from Unforgiven........

"It's a hell of a thing killing a man. Take away all he's got...and all he's ever gonna have"

Final scene featuring Clint Eastwood & Gene Hackman.....

Clint: "Who's the fella that owns this s***hole?"

Bartender: "Ah, I own this establishment. Bought it from Greerly for $1000"

Clint raising shotgun at bartender: "You better clear out of there" referring to patrons around the bartender

Gene: "Just hold it right there. Hold it !"

Shotgun goes off and bartender is killed

Gene: "Well sir, you are a cowardly sonovb****. You just shot an unarmed man"

Clint: "Well he should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend"

Gene" You be William Munney out of Missouri. Killer of women and children"

Clint: That's right. I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks and crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you Little Bill"

Gene: "Alright Gentlemen, he's got one barrel left, When he fires that, take out your pistols and shoot him down like the mangy scoundrel he is"

Thunder claps roll from outside

Edward Norton in American History X. You know the scene with the kerb and the teeth. Shivers down my spine now thinking about it.

Am I the only one who saw that scene and couldn't stop thinking about how many people the scriptwriter had killed?

"The Spy Who Came in From the Cold", when Richard Burton and his GF are crossing the Berlin Wall. They are almost home free, when the girl gets shot. Burton can make it over, but when he realizes the whole thing has been a betrayal, he stops, turns back, and goes back to the dying girl. Then he is shot too.

2nd greatest novel of all time. Best ending. Burton did a fine job of le Carre's masterpiece.

My favourite film moment was in the back stalls during A Lion in Winter, when I kissed Debbie Fletcher

I hope you kissed Debbie immediately after this classic line:

• Like 2