What is your favourite film moment?

i claudius

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there have been many for me,ben hur,when he found out his mother was a lepper, that made me cry.

but the daddy of them all was at the end of Friday the thirtheenth when everyone was getting up to leave,someone shouted out don't go the best is to come,well it was, Jason coming up from the depth of the lake made everyone scream. OH SHIT

and many did.

• Like 1

As above. A perfect moment.

Also so many moments from Lt Col Kilgore in Apocalypse Now. Someday this wars gonna end" as he stares wistfully into the distance. And of course the "I love the smell of napalm .......".

Schindlers List when the survivors place stones on Schindlers grave.

This is not from a film ,but just had to share it ,at a sting concert he started slowly clapping his hands and said to the audience ,every time i clap my hands a child dies in Africa ,and from the crowd a voice shouted "then stop <deleted>--ing clapping"

• Like 2

This one springs to mind - Katherine Hepburn in "The Lion in winter" as all the plans and intrigue of the ruling classes unravel with malevolent violence, THEN, lying on the floor she looks up at the camera and says "Well, every family has its up and downs"

• Like 1

Russian roulette scene in Deer Hunter

Kissing montage reel in Cinema Paradiso

Lots of end scenes from Majid Majidji, Abbas Kiarostami and other new age Iranian directors.

And many scenes from Ozu/Kurosawa/Andrei Tarkovsky/etc films.

Some scenes from Dil Chahta Hai

• Like 1

The pupils standing on their desks in dead poets society ,"oh captain ,my captain. to Robin Williams.

"i suppose you expect me to talk ,no mr bond ,i expect you to die"Bloefeld to Sean Connery as bond when the laser is between his legs.

Edited by i claudius

The scene in ENEMY OF THE STATE when Wil Smith takes off his suit and the older Japanese woman gets excited and tries to tip him for his show.

The whole movie is wonderful.

Also, SHOOTER and JFK.

The TV history of America series by Oliver Stone is also first rate.

I have two that I love to remember....The first was a Woddy Allen film where he had just sat into a Taxi and a lady jumped in beside who was in a hurry ......He looked at her with surprise and said ...."God,.... your so beautiful I can hardly keep my eyes on the meter".

The second was from the film "Cat Balue" with Lee Marvin....He staggered into the room with a dreadful hangover from the night before. The young indian guy took one look at him and said...."Kid Cheyieen,... "Your eyes are very red"....the Kid's grovelled reply was...."You wanna see them from my side".

Thanking you for reminding me of those laughable moments again.

Edited by dotpoom

The pupils standing on their desks in dead poets society ,"oh captain ,my captain. to Robin Williams.

"i suppose you expect me to talk ,no mr bond ,i expect you to die"Bloefeld to Sean Connery as bond when the laser is between his legs.

Good scene but I think you will find it was Auric Goldfinger

• Like 2

When the naked Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges are lying in Central Park in "The Fisher King". Williams tells the story of the Grail Keeper boy who had no faith in any man, not even himself. He couldn't love or feel loved. He was sick with experience and began to die.

Daniels followed up with "a woman who loves you keeps you going and gives you strength; makes you feel like you can do anything".

Simple and powerful words... many great moments in this flick.

• Like 1