What is your favourite film moment?

i claudius

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a 44 magnum....the most powerful hand gun in the world.....feeling lucky punk?....and from Terminator "I let him go".....make my day.....when I saw him chasing her with a hard on and a knife.....Dirty Harry....

Edited by pgrahmm

Jackie Chan in Rush Hour sitting at the bar to the bartender trying to be friendly echoing what he'd just heard black on black say after just arriving in USA "Wat's up my ni**er"......

John Wayne in the Quiet Man after getting hit with a bucket of water during the fight "thanks".....

You have good taste in novels, Scooter. Just curious, what do you consider the best novel?

bloggbild-carre.jpg

Some people don't like it but they mustn't be interested in themselves; this is a story about us. It's magnificent how le Carre simply gets what makes humans tick. He dips deep in this one, tapping into why we do what we do and why things were done to us. This is The Story of human motive. Concealment and misrepresentation, exploitation of friends, partners, connections, children, ourselves; using and abusing anyone and everyone, never missing a chance to defeat ourselves. Confidence games, sleaze, duplicity and fraud. All for the Greater Good, of course! We betray for the Cause. Our Machiavellian ambitions cruelly interrupted by friendships, conflicting sentiments, torn loyalties...love.

"If love is whatever we can still betray,

Remember that I betrayed you on a lot of days."