Gay Paradise(s)?

kunjet

Online I have found many references to Thailand as a gay paradise. But I also found references to Czech Republic, Hungary, Brazil, Greece, North Africa, South Africa, the Caribbean, etc.

Is Thailand a gay paradise? For whom? Compared to what?

Compared to many Western countries - where being gay is a BIG problem for the vast majority... the "non-issue" of being gay, and of being completely accepted by the general population in Thailand makes it a "paradise" - at least in some sense...

ChrisP

Mod

Here's it is safe to tell a stranger, such as a taxi driver, that you're gay. You can walk hand in hand in public (but don't kiss, of course). It probably won't get you fired from your job.

Of course it's not paradise; there is not a single paradise on earth.

PB's right, it's no paradise. It is, however, one of the least homophobic countries on Earth, as Chris points out. That doesn't mean it is accepting or celebrating of gay persons, but straight (and/or gay) guys don't have to play stupid games to avoid touching or looking at each other, or even sleeping with each other- and if they're not ready to be full-blown homosexuals, they can always date kathoeys. It's all Mai Penh Rai (it doesn't matter).

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...

to get back to the original Q, no that I realise it:

it must have come from some guidebook or so, for the gays, and most likely (as re the ''attractions'' of Praha etc.) must relate to cheap+easy available money-boys for rent. Dont know if this is still actually the case. Gr is mainly known to Euro's for Mykonos and the like: a few eeks of alltooobvious, prevalent gay cruisingonthebeach and far too high prices compared to other GR isles.

Before those times Phillippines were always mentioned, and Cambodia is likely now on too.

Is Thailand a gay paradise? For whom? Compared to what?

A. Hmm... Let's me think. Yessssssssssssss :D:o

B. For you and other people who interested about guys.

B 1. Farangs

B 2. Thais and other asians

B 3. For the rest of the world who really open up their mind about homosexual

C. Hm... hard to say but as I heard there are many countries have few gay population (taboo). I won't compare to any country. But at least we have more freedom than gays in some countries. Don't you think?