Cars Most Likely to be Dumped - Mitsubishi

keemapoot

An interesting article out of the U.S. on brand loyalty and customer loyalty. The most surprising thing I noticed was that Mitsubishi was rated the lowest, and had one of the worst dependability ratings. I doubt highly this would be true in Thailand?

The car makes with the most loyal customers also tend to have strong sales. Ford (F), Honda (HMC), and Toyota (TM) — brands that keep at least 50% of their customers coming back on average — are also among the best selling brands in the United States.

These are the vehicle brands that can't keep customers.

1. Mitsubishi

> Average loyalty: 21.77%
> 2014 Vehicle sales (Jan. – Jun.): 39,672 (9th lowest)
> Dependability – problems per 100 vehicles: 166 (6th highest)
> Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Group

Not only have less than 22% of Mitsubishi owners said they intend to buy another Mitsubishi over the past two years, but the brand's loyalty rating fell 16% between the second quarters of 2012 and 2014, the largest decline of any make. Despite receiving among the worst ratings from J.D. Power's dependability study — 166 problems were reported per 100 vehicles — Mitsubishi sales have rebounded in recent years. Between the first halves of 2013 and this year, vehicle sales rose 30.2%, more than all but one other brand reviewed by Kelley Blue Book. According to Henry, Mitsubishi is "very niche in terms of what they offer — they have a lot of small cars, and small SUVs," so when owners look for a different type of car they turn to other brands like Toyota.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/08/17/cars-most-likely-to-be-dumped/14121469/

Interesting article, I notice they attribute the poor loyalty of Mutsubishi US customers to limited model range. "Mitsubishi sales have rebounded in recent years. Between the first halves of 2013 and this year, vehicle sales rose 30.2%, more than all but one other brand reviewed by Kelley Blue Book. According to Henry, Mitsubishi is "very niche in terms of what they offer — they have a lot of small cars, and small SUVs," so when owners look for a different type of car they turn to other brands like Toyota."

As the OP said, the results do not apply to Thailand, Mitsu fits right in here because other brands model range are also pretty limited...

Edited by Jitar

The Mitsubishi range of vehicles is awesome pretty good average krap! Just look at the mundane range of vehicles they sell in LOS!

When I was in the market for a car I checked out Mitsubishi, all they had was the Attrage which was a disappointment compared to the competition. I had friends in America who owned Galants and a Montero (forerunner to the Pajero) and swore never to buy their products again. This parallels the the OP post on brand loyalty. However, a friend in CM loves his Triton.

Edited by ThaiBob