applying for thai visa at Cardiff or London based on marriage, where is best?

i would appreciate any advice on obtaining a one year visa based on marriage please.

I read somewhere on here recently that the application requirements differ from place to place in the UK.

I understood that if you apply in Cardiff you dont need to show monthly income just a lump sum of £10,000 in a uk account

I also understood that London does want to see a monthly income into a uk account .

I found this strange and cant seem to find the thread anywhere on here now.Does anyone know if there is any such variation.

I am going to apply soon and can show £10,000+ in a uk account but no regular income, should this be okay to gain a 1 year visa?

for my initial visa do my funds need to be in a uk account and then a thai account whilst re-newing it in thailand when the first year is due to expire?

London does not ask for financial proof and you can do the application by post. There have been several reports of people getting them there.

Cardiff should be the same for the financial proof but you will have to do it in person.

Cardiiff requires no financials for a 12-month non-o spouse visa. Went there in March for mine. Took copy of marriage certificate, plus certified translation, copy of wife's ID card, plus two photos and fee. In and out (with the visa) in fifteen minutes. Great service, and friendly too. Only thing is you need to phone ahead and book an appointment.

Recently got a non o multiple entry based on marriage to a Thai from the Embassy in London, it was simple and very quick. Did it by post, sent a completed application form, postal order for fee plus extra 10 pounds to cover return special delivery, copy of Thai wedding certifcate and copy of the wifes passport and ID card. They turned it around within 48 hours and i did not have to show any finances, quick and painless!.

• Like 1

Excellent!

multiple entry too, that is perfect for me as i want to visit friends in nearby countries, i hope there is no problem returning through the borders with this visa.

does the visa start from the date you apply or the does it activate once you enter Thailand?

to re-apply for another year i suppose this is when i will need to show income/funds in a thai bank account, therefore can i open a thai bank account in my name with this non-o ?

sorry for so many questions but it is complicated and i want to make sure that i have as much info as possible, i really appreciate your replies.

The visa validity starts from the date of issue.

You should never have a problem entering the country with your visa.

You can apply for a extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of your 90 entries. You will need to have 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

You can open a bank account with no visa. You just need to try different banks and branches. Have your wife go with you when you want to open an account. She can be your reference for opening the account which will make it much easier to open one.

• Like 1