Paypal proof of address

Paypal locked my account and ask to me a proof of address in order to unlock my money (there are about 40.000 THB inside).

The problem is that I do not have any bill or something similar because I live in hotel.

Do you think they will accept a residen from the immigration translated in english from me? what do you suggest me to do for unlock my money?

• Like 1

Looks like another PayPal screwing, one of many I know of. Never again with that lot.

I really have no idea how to get my 40.000 back. I did call them and they say they don't care if I live in hotel, if I'm unable to send a bill they will keep my money... They say it is a rule for money laundering.

I think if really they are worried for money laundering they should ask me the documents BEFORE to accept my 40.000 baht, not after...

Now they have my 40.000 in their pocket and I can't do anything for have my money back.

If they would ask me these documents before I never would sent them this money.

I work with paypal from a long time, I never thought it was a scam like this.

Edited by manolothai

They locked my a/c also earlier in the year, its was through a Australia Bank a/c which I had already closed. After a lot of sending them ids, passport scans and luckily enough I had an old bank statement that they accepted, they unlocked it but it was not easy and toke a few weeks.

My advise is to open a Thai bank ac and get them to print out a statement with your address on it.

Which address is on your PayPal account?

Edited by Killian30

They locked my a/c also earlier in the year, its was through a Australia Bank a/c which I had already close. After a lot of sending them ids, passport scans and luckily enough I had an old bank statement that they accepted, but it was not easy and toke a few weeks.

My advise is to open a Thai bank ac and get them to print out a statement with your address on it.

Which address is on your PayPal account?

I have already a bank account with kasikorn but I don't have any statement with my address since they do not send it. In paypal there is an address in pattaya where I used to live when I opened the account 2 years ago.

Now the most logical think is that paypal is a big scam, because if the problem is to verify the address they must ask to provide documents BEFORE to receive the money. Not later locking YOUR money forever.

Anyone have never reported this behavior to the authority?

Edited by manolothai

They may require you to have a statement from the address that is on your PayPal a/c. You can walk in to any bank and they will print you out a statement! this is a basic banking service.

Its needs to be done by PayPal because of the strict security laws in the USA they have started to required all oversea members to provide proof of person, as the FBI reckons that its been used to sent money for terrorism.

Its not just you.... Good luck taking on PayPalsmile.png They might sue your ass back to the stone age cheesy.gif

Edited by Killian30

I linked this account 2 years ago, if they are honest they would asked me proof before to get my money in their hands.

The statement printed from the cashier does not have my address printed on it, it is not valid as proof of address.

If the FBI ask new documents, as soon as the FBI change policy if paypal is honest would ask me proof of address without wait I put 40.000 baht into... What behavior is?

I think the FBI doesn't forbid paypal to ask proof of residence to people BEFORE to get thousands of money inside the system...

I'm not here for taking on paypal, just to discuss this behavior, maybe someone before to send money to paypal scam will search on google and find this post so he will think 2 times before to send money and let them steal the money and you are unable to get them back because they are too big and "They might sue your ass back to the stone age".

Maybe someone will find this information and stay away from paypal scam.

Edited by manolothai

Again speak with your Bank manager nicely and they will write up a letter of proof of ownership or a statement with your address on it and get them to sign it for you if your charming enough.biggrin.png

Edited by Killian30

They have no right to keep your money. Sue them. They'll soon give it back.

They told me on the phone that in a period between 30 and 180 days they will notify me the account closing and let me withdrawal my money... I will wait...

They also told me that they encourage to do not use paypal to transfer money from a country to another, even for legal purpose. (Stupid! JUST DISABLE THE FUNCION!)

Anyone reading this post be very carefull to put his money inside paypal and transfer between multiple countries because they can keep money locked up to 180 days.

I suggest Skrill, with skrill I can attach every current account all around the world to the same skrill account (registered as the country of residence) and manage them sending money in and out of multiple country without problem, skrill also is a bank registered in FCA authority and money are covered up to 75k Pounds.

Edited by manolothai

Paypal is registered as a bank or at least as a financial institution. We all know that these kind of business organizations are the most despicable in the business world.

Paypal is leading that list, they are an outright thieving organization.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1