Another airline boarding question (did not want to hijack the other thread)

Towards the end of September I will be flying from Hanoi to Bangkok, one way and entering on a 30 day visa exemption stamp. My new employer will then change this to a Non-B at Chaeng Wattana. Immigration Thai side is fine and sorted, but wondering about whether the airline will let me board or maybe they might accept a letter from my future employer ?

Many thanks

For waht it's worth I arrived two weeks ago on a one way Eva Air flight from Los Angeles with a two month tourist visa and was not questioned about a return or onward flight at check-in or at the immigration check point at suvarnabhumi airport.

For waht it's worth I arrived two weeks ago on a one way Eva Air flight from Los Angeles with a two month tourist visa and was not questioned about a return or onward flight at check-in or at the immigration check point at suvarnabhumi airport.

You had a visa so a return or onward ticket was not required. Coming in without a visa is different.

• Like 1

Thai airways in europe forced me to buy an onward ticket when I tried to board without visa and no onward ticket. I showed them a mail showing that I enrolled in a school that will allow me to get an ED visa, but they wanted me to buy a ticket anyway. They also made me sign a paper saying that I would assume the cost if I happen to buy denied.

So yeah worst case scenario, you sign a paper and that's all.

It depends on the airline and the people on duty as you check in.

IF you can get a letter from your prospective employe in Thailand it might be helpful.

You might not need it, but it couldn't hurt and might be useful.

To be honest the airlines are selective on who they choose to question, and being well dressed and looking "prosperous" often means they don't bother to ask that person.

If worst comes to worst. politely ask to talk to a supervisor. and show that letter from your employer.

I'm retired, living in Thailand, and returning from the U.S. once the check in clerk didn't know what a Thai re-entry permit was.

Fortunately the supervisor had seen it before .... no big problem, and all handled with apologies from the airline once they understtood what it was.

Quite possibly they won't even ask..... all i can say is it's a tossup.

Many times the ones the airline picks to question is the "backbacker" types who on a long stopover are the ones who sleep in the departure lounges on the chairs or the floor with their bagage from their last flight.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I would love to know which airline sells a fully refundable ticket and on what route

-to meet my needs and I would assume needs of others it should be purchase able online, with no booking fees, no cancellation fees, no fees at all.

Should also be book able not too far in advance, ie a few days or weeks not many months.

Should also be on a reliable airline, not one that one will need to fight with or jump through hoops to get a refund.

Air Asia throwaway tickets next best choice, but not always available for fifty dollars or less, especially in high season. Taxes are refundable but they do not disclose their service fee for processing the refund. They also charge for fuel, for using a credit card etc.

If you have a visa there is no immigration requirement of onward flight.

I would love to know which airline sells a fully refundable ticket and on what route

Non low-cost airlines, e.g. Thai, Singapore, etc.

Full fare, non refundable tickets are generally not sold on website. They must be bought over the phone or in an agency.