NCPO members to declare assets 'on voluntary basis'

webfact

This was going to be the inevitable outcome - the Junta are not accountable to anyone - I recently read the the NACC said the opposite.

I do not see democracy being restored next year.

If you read Thai history, your not seeing democracy being restored is well founded. Still, I have hopes that the reforms will have some lasting power. The junta members not having to publicly list their assets does not bode well for being clean and transparent.

My Elvis CD collection ( bought at a car boot sale), wind up tv ( flat screen), 5 cars/pick ups ( all belong to my dad), houses 6 ( all belong to the 2 kids, mother-in-law, mother, father, wifes father, the dog, the cat, the telephone), computer- oh belongs to the gardener, the rice cooker is the wife's, the case of Chang now that mine as are the trousers, shirt and flip flops, I only 5bts in my pocket I give all my money to charity called Warren Buffet take care.

North Korea looks better by the day...

Off you go then. Do let us know how you get on.

Since you and tingtongteesood have nothing really to add to this thread, does that mean you silently agrees with what is said in NCPO's statement?

It means I was replying to Prbkk's spurious post.

Doesn't mean anymore or less. Do try and be adult if you want to be clever.

I suppose it wouldn't be an issue for an army man to be worth 10s of millions...

In the same way that some politicians and their families and friends have increased their wealth massively over the last 3 years?

Why one family even managed a 450% increase as they happily reported to Forbes.

Or a certain Dr, Police Captain to have amassed an enormous fortune form who knows where?

• Like 1

Oh come on now, let's not be too cynical here.

Career soldiers are paid next to nothing, and their pay scales are publicised.

Other than their meagre salaries, they don't have any assets to declare.

Why is everyone making an issue?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I suppose it wouldn't be an issue for an army man to be worth 10s of millions...

In the same way that some politicians and their families and friends have increased their wealth massively over the last 3 years?

Why one family even managed a 450% increase as they happily reported to Forbes.

Or a certain Dr, Police Captain to have amassed an enormous fortune form who knows where?

Over 3 years, amazing violin.gif . Don't happen to have a link do you? Did that include the 1 Billion dollars ( 30.25 billion baht at the time ) that was ruled by Thai Courts in February 2010 to be handed backed to Thaksin, which eventually was released some years later during Yinglucks tenure?

Thailand's Supreme court Friday night handed down a verdict ruling that 1.4 billion U.S. dollars of all the 76-billion-baht (2.3 billion U.S. dollars) of Thai ex- premier Thaksin Shinawatra's frozen assets will be confiscated.

The verdict said the 46.37 billion baht worth of assets (1.4 billion U.S. dollars) are confiscated because they were gained through malpractice during Thaksin's premiership and the remaining 30.25 billion baht will be returned to the Thaksin family.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/6903985.html

My, even ex Defence Ministers (under abhisit) were doing it, back in 2012.

Former defence minister General Prawit Wongsuwan announced assets worth Bt79.063 million, recording a sharp increase from the Bt9.39 million he declared a year ago.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/589048-korn-declared-richest-democrat-while-sutheps-debts-the-largest/#entry5725614

I know my maths is a bit rusty but I work that out at around 741% in just one year and nobody batted an eyelid. He is now chairman of the NCPO "Advisory Board" which looks after security, laws and the economy.............

North Korea looks better by the day...

Off you go then. Do let us know how you get on.

Since you and tingtongteesood have nothing really to add to this thread, does that mean you silently agrees with what is said in NCPO's statement?

It means I was replying to Prbkk's spurious post.

Doesn't mean anymore or less. Do try and be adult if you want to be clever.

Making snide insinuations and insulting people. Is that what clever adults do?

Tsk... Tsk...