Phuket - Penang - Firefly?

jpeg

I'm surprised at the dearth of flight options to Penang, even AirAsia doesnt fly there, so have tried the hellish site that is Firefly (no I don't want to go via godawful KL). After several attemps gave up and tried the 'call centre' which isn't, apparently. So, is Firefly still operating? Thanks.

Firefly comes up as the only direct route. The others stop off in KL or Sing. It's only a 1hr 8min flight with Firefly though. I thought I'd spotted a Firefly booth in Phuket airport last week. Anyone can verify? Or actually be able to navigate their site? blink.png

Managed to find out which 'clickable' to click on. It's the little 'price' tag at the end of the end of the flight number column, which only appears to relate to the outward flight as it brings up a page whereby you must fill in all of your details and await a reply to your inbox. I'm not ready to confirm so left it. However, the outbound/return strips are priced seperately, and adding them together, believe around 7k to be a tad expensive for a 1 hour (two way) trip? huh.png

I've just checked with a local agent and Firefly wants 9,100 for a bloody one hour round trip. Malaysia Air 200 baht cheaper (w00t.gif ) with stopover in ugly KL airport of course, and don't bother with AA unless you don't mind hanging around said ugly KL airport for 3k less but 6.35 hrs stopover out and 4+ back.

Just loving protectionism angry.png