Static Cycling

Negita43

This is probably a daft question, but why would you want one in preference to actually taking the bike out?

I use mine when the pollution gets really bad up north. During the rainy season, like now, some of my trails can become almost impassable but I can always do more road and less dirt on bad days. When the smoke is so bad you can't see anything anyway, I prefer an air-conditioned room.

I like dogs and don't get upset when they bark at me. I just figure they are doing their job the same as my dogs.

This is probably a daft question, but why would you want one in preference to actually taking the bike out?

I use mine when the pollution gets really bad up north. During the rainy season, like now, some of my trails can become almost impassable but I can always do more road and less dirt on bad days. When the smoke is so bad you can't see anything anyway, I prefer an air-conditioned room.

I like dogs and don't get upset when they bark at me. I just figure they are doing their job the same as my dogs.

Yeah, dogs would not keep me off the road either. Had a few narrow escapes, but look back on such experiences as being quite funny.

There is a large selection of places in Bangkok to get a turbo trainer or rollers

Probike as mentioned before, sell the CycleOps and Minora range of trainers

Culture Cycliste sells TACX trainers

Bike Zone sells the Jetblack trainers

Cromozone sell Kurt Kinetic

Km8 Bicycle sells Kurt Kinetic/Minora/Lemond

Worldbike sell Giant trainers

So you should be able to find something you like quite easily! I went for a CycleOps Supermagneto and got a subscription to TrainerRoad with an ANT+ usb stick to keep things interesting on those rainy days when I can't go out on the bike. Add some Sufferfest videos and it can even be "fun"

Hope the info helps!

• Like 2

Hi everybody - thanks for all your input.

I live in Nakhon Ratchasima and can't see one anywhere here at the moment. So I guess I'll have to take a trip to Bangkok. The GF won't like it cos she'll think I'll be looking for another type of ride!

By the way I want the static part for when it rains ( I work and it always seems to rain when I come home, also where I live there are a lot of those lovely Thai drivers who clearly own all the road and the verges as well).