Advise Needed Form The Wise

colly

i have a couple of queries of which i need some advice on from you more experienced thai lifers,

1) what kind of jobs can farang do in thailand ? with permits etc

2) whats the 1st step in the process of bringing my thai gf to ireland on holiday NOT TO LIVE

3) what kind of red tape is there for her me

i have a couple of queries of which i need some advice on from you more experienced thai lifers,

2) whats the 1st step in the process of bringing my thai gf to ireland on holiday NOT TO LIVE

Well the first place to start would be by telling us what work you are qualified to do.

Another point would be some info about your girlfriends current employment/assets situation etc.

she needs a tourist visa. All you have to do (this is UK not Ireland so may be different) is prove its a genuine relationship, prove you are able to support her when on holiday, and prove she will return - letter from employee would help.

English teaching is your best bet for work unless you are qualified in any skilled shortage areas in Thailand.

Edited by mittheimp

One of my wife's friends (Thai girl) just came back from a holidy in Ireland with her Irish boy friend. I think the visa was quite straight forward. Go to the Irish embassy and check out what you need to do - all quite do-able I would say, so don't worry. :o

Go to the Irish embassy and check out what you need to do - all quite do-able I would say, so don't worry. :o

There is no Irish embassy in Thailand, the one that is responsible for Thailand is in KL. There is an HONORARY CONSUL on Sathorn road (Q House 28th floor) but there powers are very limited and ultimatly KL is responsible for Irish citizens in Thailand.

Go to the Irish embassy and check out what you need to do - all quite do-able I would say, so don't worry. :o

There is no Irish embassy in Thailand, the one that is responsible for Thailand is in KL. There is an HONORARY CONSUL on Sathorn road (Q House 28th floor) but there powers are very limited and ultimatly KL is responsible for Irish citizens in Thailand.

Oh, sorry about that.

In that case I'll try to find out from my wife how her friend got her visa. She certainly didn't go to KL, I'm quite sure.

I'll post later today.

i am a qualified carpenter ,with over 10 years experience in the building trade, my g.f is working in an internet cafe,, little skills little assets,,,just want to bring her back for 2 weeks to see if she would like the nice irish weather

ps

what are the skill shortages in thailand

Ok, here's what you do.

You go to the honorary consul in Sathorn Road, (address above), get all the forms etc, fill them in and give them in there, and they then send them to the Irish embassy in KL.

Apparently it takes about one month, I'm afraid, but as I said before, the visa seems to be pretty straight forward to get, just takes a while.

Good luck.. :o

Mobi

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

i am a qualified carpenter ,with over 10 years experience in the building trade, my g.f is working in an internet cafe,, little skills little assets,,,just want to bring her back for 2 weeks to see if she would like the nice irish weather

ps

There's a definate shortage of skilled central heating engineers, shouldn't be too hard for you to corner the market :o

ps

There's a definate shortage of skilled central heating engineers, shouldn't be too hard for you to corner the market :D

:o:D:D