Need a good mecanic in Pattaya for PCX build-in alarm

guzzi850m2

The Alarm on my PCX150 from 2012 has failed.

When I came back from 2 month overseas work the alarm was not working anymore but everything else was.

I took the pcx to Mityon on Sukhumvit where they also have the big wing branch and told them to try fix it when doing the scheduled oil changes.

They told me that they can't fix it and need to replace the whole instrument cluster (panel) for a whopping +5200 baht.

This is actually 2nd time they looked into this, I was there last week where they checked the battery on the remote which was okay.

Today I gave them the scooter and rode away on my wife's Scoppy after telling them very clearly that I will not spend +5k on this when everything else works fine, lights on panel, trip on odo and so on. They told me they will take the panel out and try cleaning it.

So when they called my wife and told them that they can't fix we rode back to the shop and I paid the 320 baht for the oil change and and will try finding a mechanic that are handy with this sort of problem.

Does anybody know anybody in Pattaya that might be able to fix this problem? Thinking about it, I remember the rental pcx125 I been renting on Phuket a couple of times had the same problem so maybe this is a common problem on the pcx?

It is not the end of the day, the alarm is quite pathetic DB wise but is still nice to have but is not worth +5000 baht, hell you can buy a used bike for that kind of moneywink.png

Doesn't Honda give a 3 year warranty or something?

I had my instrument cluster replaced on a CBR after 2 years and didn't pay a penny.

3 years on a scooter?

Yep, my wife's Click-i had a broken fuel pump and it was replaced by Honda for 0 baht, it was almost 3 years old when it happend, pretty good service for a scooter. The only thing what they wanted to see was the servicebook.

• Like 1