Sleepless in HH and Cha-Am

swissie

Realizing that the beach-chair removal is the event of the year, I dare to make a projection of how the local vendors will solve that problem, without having to set foot on the beach (Cha-Am).

They will back-up their Pick-up's onto the parking area, loaded with foldable camping furniture (made in China), and rent it out by the hour after customer has paid the deposit. When customer is finished with the beach, he returns the equipment and pays up. Since customer does all the hauling, no Thai-Vendor will have to set foot on the beach. So, no commercial activity has taken place on the beach.

Imagine this, no vendors on the beach. Peace and quiet. If hungry or thirsty, walk across the street (150 Meters) and face about 15 food and drink outlets. (Cha-Am).

Remember: Some 347 years ago, when we to took a trip to Mallorca or Ibiza, we had to bring our own beach-hardware, including beach-towels !!!

Whatever it takes, the locals will find a way to stay "in business" near the beach. One way or the other. They are not going to go back to any sort of rice-field-drudgery, that they have left behind.

Cheers.

• Like 1

None of this applies as they're building new locations for the 22 beach vendors concerned right on the beach. The vendors will rent them direct from the local municipality.

From what I've heard the work will be complete within a matter of weeks.

I suspect this is all about who they were paying rent to before vs who they will be paying rent to in the future.

In the north of the beach ( Cha am ) , just before the bridge, they cut and prune trees ; is it for building new locations, as said above ?

I believe the work I'm talking about is near to the downtown Hua Hin beach.

22 vendors have been booted out but they have been promised new locations on the beach.

"Remember: Some 347 years ago, when we to took a trip to Mallorca or Ibiza, we had to bring our own beach-hardware, including beach-towels !!!"

---

how long have you been going to the beach for? That's quite some time....did you go by slow-boat?