CTH VS 365 SPORT

bangkok blue

CTH want 1700bht to move my dish to my new condo 5mins down the road! I also had 365sport for champions league and world cup and was relatively impressed.

How did people get on who relied on it for EPL coverage? My true internet is very reliable, so confident it would be fine. Just wanted others opinions.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

TRUE for shure did have a better picture and coverage than CTH now.

I have CTH by cable, and still the picture "hacking" ....

I also have 365, and wonder if I should cancel 649 baht CTH and only use 365.

Now 365 by email come with some offer via ThaiExpat - Quad Core Android box solution

It means if I understand, that you not use your computer,

I Hope anyone have experience of this..

The box Cost 5499 baht without subscription

Buy a quad core android box from Lazada,for 2500, add ilikehd app, you

can stream straight to your tv, more channels than CTH and True,SKY sports,

BT sports,Super sports, movies,news,docs,music,etc etc, only 500THB pm,

the best value around in my opinion,

regards worgeordie

ps if you pc has an HDMI you can stream from that.

• Like 1

Buy a quad core android box from Lazada,for 2500, add ilikehd app, you

can stream straight to your tv, more channels than CTH and True,SKY sports,

BT sports,Super sports, movies,news,docs,music,etc etc, only 500THB pm,

the best value around in my opinion,

regards worgeordie

ps if you pc has an HDMI you can stream from that.

To be fair wg, sky sports is great but it doesn't work half the time sad.png

Just to answer the Ops question about 365 Sport coverage and the EPL - ignoring all the other offerings out there.

I pay just 300 baht per month for 365 Sport as they had an offer about a month ago to pay for 6 months (also 12 months) up front at the reduced rate.

I use it for the EPL, but also get some of the Championship games - I am a Forest fan.

Apart from the games on the last day of the season, when there are 10 games all at the same time, then I get to see all the EPL games Live.

The midweek games I tend to watch the next day as they are on at 2 or 3 am - and unless it is a game I am really interested in, then I don't get up!

You have 5 or 6 days to watch the games, however watching the next day is best, before you know the score.

The picture quality is good. I suspect there are people who will say it is not as good as system XYZ?, however I have lived through the era of raster scan displays - certainly pre-HD etc... so I am perfectly happy with the quality.

365Sport are at the mercy of their providers however - often Astra - so sometimes (rarely), the game may not be shown until the second half (a previous live event over-runs), or for some reason the game is not shown due to equipment faults at Astra ( there was a fire at the office with the Astra server a few weeks ago) and of course when their own equipment fails. They are good at fixing problems up until about midnight I have found, but after midnight I don't think they have many staff working. However, these failures are rare events.

Overall, the service is very good IMHO for the 300 baht a month I am paying.

As my current deal runs out in February, I will renew it for 3 more months at 600 baht a month. The renewal process is simple, just a trip to the local 7-11 and make payment. No long contract at all. I like this as I don't have to pay for the months when there is no football to watch.

In February I certainly cannot be bothered getting CTH to install their equipment here, making me sign a long-term contract and getting involved with their accounts department, which according to posters on TV, is the worst accounts department they have ever been involved with. Next year will probably be the last year for CTH and the EPL anyway, so more hardware to be thrown away or store with the mountain of other obsolete hardware I have lying around the house - those 3 Dreamboxes of mine make super door-stopsrolleyes.gif

By the way, if you are interested, they have the Switzerland/England game live on Tuesday morning. I won't be getting up for that!

Edited by dsfbrit

Just to answer the Ops question about 365 Sport coverage and the EPL - ignoring all the other offerings out there.

I pay just 300 baht per month for 365 Sport as they had an offer about a month ago to pay for 6 months (also 12 months) up front at the reduced rate.

I use it for the EPL, but also get some of the Championship games - I am a Forest fan.

Apart from the games on the last day of the season, when there are 10 games all at the same time, then I get to see all the EPL games Live.

The midweek games I tend to watch the next day as they are on at 2 or 3 am - and unless it is a game I am really interested in, then I don't get up!

You have 5 or 6 days to watch the games, however watching the next day is best, before you know the score.

The picture quality is good. I suspect there are people who will say it is not as good as system XYZ?, however I have lived through the era of raster scan displays - certainly pre-HD etc... so I am perfectly happy with the quality.

365Sport are at the mercy of their providers however - often Astra - so sometimes (rarely), the game may not be shown until the second half (a previous live event over-runs), or for some reason the game is not shown due to equipment faults at Astra ( there was a fire at the office with the Astra server a few weeks ago) and of course when their own equipment fails. They are good at fixing problems up until about midnight I have found, but after midnight I don't think they have many staff working. However, these failures are rare events.

Overall, the service is very good IMHO for the 300 baht a month I am paying.

As my current deal runs out in February, I will renew it for 3 more months at 600 baht a month. The renewal process is simple, just a trip to the local 7-11 and make payment. No long contract at all. I like this as I don't have to pay for the months when there is no football to watch.

In February I certainly cannot be bothered getting CTH to install their equipment here, making me sign a long-term contract and getting involved with their accounts department, which according to posters on TV, is the worst accounts department they have ever been involved with. Next year will probably be the last year for CTH and the EPL anyway, so more hardware to be thrown away or store with the mountain of other obsolete hardware I have lying around the house - those 3 Dreamboxes of mine make super door-stopsrolleyes.gif

By the way, if you are interested, they have the Switzerland/England game live on Tuesday morning. I won't be getting up for that!

Anyone getting up for that game needs sectioning..