Coins, the little ones, do we really need them?

So these little ba$t@rd$ really do my head in. I get home and pants off to have a shower, coins falling and rolling everywhere. Mrs hears all the commotion and then she's on me to pick every single one up. So there I am scratching around trying to get a finger nail under them but they're impossible!

Every donation box gets em now.

Good for nothing

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wet your finger tip, press down, lift up and voila you've picked it up. biggrin.png

We've got piggy banks overflowing with them and rarely put them back in my pocket the next day. Keep the 5 and 10 though but not the 1 baht, 25 satang, 50 satang. 2 baht, never sure what to do with them except write 2 on them like the Thais. wink.png

Anything smaller than a pun note.....I throw it away.

What time are you taking your rubbish out?

I'll make sure to be there.

Really?

There's not a badger anywhere in sight & no cows to milk, but you'd come visit me?

Never mind the badgers and the cows.

I want to milk a douchebag now.

• Like 2

Anything smaller than a pun note.....I throw it away.

What time are you taking your rubbish out?

I'll make sure to be there.

Really?

There's not a badger anywhere in sight & no cows to milk, but you'd come visit me?

Are you hitting on me Costas ?

Sorry, today is your day.

The other one did his disappearing act again.

Has he gone back to the States?

By the way, now he is not here, why did he go to the States?

I thought he is English.

I love gossiping..........

At the gym a big water 15฿. Hand over a twenny. There's another bloody coin. Rattling around my pocket until I get home again. Pants off for a shower and its rolling around on the floor...aaahh

I thought he is English.

He's a business man. A successful one at that.

He's a good frog.

Intelligent & funny.

I thought he is English.

He's a business man. A successful one at that.

He's a good frog.

Intelligent & funny.

Oh good.

Any chance of him, giving me a million Baht as I haven't paid the sin-sod to my wife?

Not so very long ago - at least in my timescale (!) - the Baht was called a Tical (leading to many comments about "how many tickles in a Bath" type of thing!).

A 1 "Stang" coin (Baht / 100) but more frequently the larger 5 or 10 Stang coins were common currency, especially Up-country.

If you think the current 25 / 50 Stang coins are a pain to handle you would be driven crazy by that coinage.

Patrick

• Like 1

Have a piggy bank at home and deposit them all in it. It took a few years but it filled. We dropped them off all at once into one of the donation boxes you see around. It is cash and spends so let someone that needs them have them. Have already started refilling it.

At the gym a big water 15฿. Hand over a twenny. There's another bloody coin. Rattling around my pocket until I get home again. Pants off for a shower and its rolling around on the floor...aaahh

I thought you were joking when you complained about satang coins.

If 5 baht coins are such a problem just tell them to keep the change. I'm sure that whoever sold you the water would be happy to do so.

Life is so hard.

The Satang is just over doing it. I'm constantly asking what the hell they are for. What can you buy for 25 or 50 Satang???

Every few days I present them to the wife and tell her they are for all the hard work she does or I love her so much I want her to have the sum total of my wealth.

With a giggling Wai I receive a "Khorb Khung Ka"

Answered my own question, they buy a light moment with my wife. Wouldn't live without them...

• Like 1

711 here have a sign asking for the small coins

If they didn't have the small coins they wouldn't know what to put in all of those divided compartments in their cash register. They have even structured their pricing to actually use them. The last bottle of milk that I bought was 84.5 baht!

Mine go in a dish and when full go in a plastic bag and are then deposited in the armless beggars dish at the Wednesday market.

The Satang is just over doing it. I'm constantly asking what the hell they are for. What can you buy for 25 or 50 Satang???

Every few days I present them to the wife and tell her they are for all the hard work she does or I love her so much I want her to have the sum total of my wealth.

With a giggling Wai I receive a "Khorb Khung Ka"

Answered my own question, they buy a light moment with my wife. Wouldn't live without them...

When I built our (the Wife’s) house, 1 red brick cost 50 satang…

If, as some one suggested that they did away with the 25 and 50 satang coins and rounded the prices to 1 Baht,

my house would have cost twice as much to build (brick wise).

Just saying like.

Have a Nice Day

Edited by firefox999uk
  • Like 1

Easy fix, things tat cost 50 satang now 2 for 1 baht. Things that cost 25 satang, now 4 for 1 baht! Round off large items to nearest baht and remove the dividers in the cash drawers so the clerk doesn't have to think!