Coins, the little ones, do we really need them?

Hate the stress could always say keep the change big tipper. Or dump all your change in a baggie and when you come across the street beggars dump them on him let him or her deal with it you look good and problem solved.

Once i was walking across a park in Sydney , in a remarkably good mood for me, and one of the original aussies came up to and slurred something about giving him a donation for the train fare home or some other excuse or request - i can't remember nor do i care . Anyway i put my hand in my pocket and pulled out a huge handfull of coins - i guess between two to three dollars worth, maybe more. Anyway he went of his head , wanting to kill me because i didn't give him a note and because i was a white c--------. He , however , didn't give me the money back.

Moral of the story- always carry notes for those ungrateful souls who haven't the strength to carry a handful of coins to the bottle shop .

Edited by xen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the gym a big water 15฿. Hand over a twenny. There's another bloody coin. Rattling around my pocket until I get home again. Pants off for a shower and its rolling around on the floor...aaahh

Here's an idea, give him three 5 baht coins.

At the gym a big water 15฿. Hand over a twenny. There's another bloody coin. Rattling around my pocket until I get home again. Pants off for a shower and its rolling around on the floor...aaahh

Here's an idea, give him three 5 baht coins.

but that would require me to pants off at the till to get the coins to pay.

• Like 1

In my native country Norway we discuss being the first country in the world to get rid of coins and bills altogether and only use cards and smartphones to pay any bill or when you do the shopping . A card is all you need really. You won't find any shop in Norway that will refuse you to pay with a card.

There was a news story about a restaurant in Oslo that you only could use credit cards to pay with. They refused anyone with cash to eat at their restaurant. So I guess this is the future.

there is a problem there odf civil rights....that of being able to make a transaction in private.......e.g - would you really want to have every bargirl recorded for posterity?

In my native country Norway we discuss being the first country in the world to get rid of coins and bills altogether and only use cards and smartphones to pay any bill or when you do the shopping . A card is all you need really. You won't find any shop in Norway that will refuse you to pay with a card.

There was a news story about a restaurant in Oslo that you only could use credit cards to pay with. They refused anyone with cash to eat at their restaurant. So I guess this is the future.

there is a problem there odf civil rights....that of being able to make a transaction in private.......e.g - would you really want to have every bargirl recorded for posterity?

I don't mind the transaction , as long as you keep your privacy . If your wife reads the bank transaction , you can just register it as a "business dinner".

Edited by balo