Dealer truck accessories discount - Ford Ranger

doglover

Are authentic dealer accessories prices jacked up for big profits like in North America?

I want to buy a 3.2 wildtrak 2015 financed over 4 years. It comes with the usual freebies ( 1st class ins, window film, mats, box liner, etc) for a slightly elevated interest rate of 3.85% with 25% down payment.

This was their offer so I am thinking I could get better. I want authentic accessories like bug deflector, snorkel, window rain guards, car cover for 50% off the standard price. I plan to stand firm on the accessory discount. Do you think they will accept? Or can I do even better?

No dealer is going to give you a 50% discount on those accessories. also I don't think Ford do a snorkel and car cover as an accessory so you will need to source those from a 3rd party.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

No dealer is going to give you a 50% discount on those accessories. also I don't think Ford do a snorkel and car cover as an accessory so you will need to source those from a 3rd party.

They show one in the back of my brochure. Probably way overpriced. I asked about the stainless steel roll bar at the CM Ford dealer. I laughed when he quoted the price, & even the salesman thought it best to look at accessory shops. Not surprisingly, Ford didn't have any in stock, & yet to see one on a Ranger.

They show one in the back of my brochure. Probably way overpriced. I asked about the stainless steel roll bar at the CM Ford dealer. I laughed when he quoted the price, & even the salesman thought it best to look at accessory shops. Not surprisingly, Ford didn't have any in stock, & yet to see one on a Ranger.

To my surprise the snorkel is 18,500B! At that price I might as well order an ARB safari snorkel.

• Like 1

that interest rate seems steep for a new truck.

It's because it's the top model. They run of the mill models will be almost 1.5% lower.

Ok I understand - cost extra for the 5th piston? Still have no idea why the interest rate would be higher on a top model however. But if they can get it, why not it.

Have you looked at financing it elsewhere?

there is non listed on the microcat so what ever the dealer has will be aftermarket.

there is non listed on the microcat so what ever the dealer has will be aftermarket.

It was in the official Ford Ranger brochure at launch. Maybe they never materialized. A bit like that chilli orange paint that looks nothing like the photos in the brochure.

http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger/accessories/exterior#

Edited by MESmith