Vietnam business visa

Does anyone know what the exact requirements for this type of visa are? Recently I visted a visa agent who assured me that I just had to fill in an application form, give them the fee and four working days later I would have the visa. I have also noticed that some of the online visa agencies based in Vietnam will give you a letter of invitation for this type of visa. The Embassy in Bangkok's web site gives no different info for a working visa and a tourist visa so that is no help either. The reason I ask is that I had thought that you needed a contract or job offer which may or not be the case?

In the several times I have been to Vietnam on business I have arranged a visa in advance through one of the many online agencies. What they actually do is submit a limited application on your behalf and when that is successful send you a letter from Vietnam immigration (which will include your details) that you may collect your visa from the airport on arrival. On arrival, after filling in a proper visa application form (best to get one ahead of time as saves queuing time), they will then fix the visa in your passport.

Each time I have filled in the application form I have written "Business" in the "purpose of entry and exit" and each time they have issued a C1 visa -

• C1: shall be granted to persons who enter Vietnam for tourist purposes.

...but never been an issue of any kind. I don't think they have a specific "business" visa class (as opposed to "work").

My last trip way May 2012 so apologies if any of this is not up to date.

post-64390-0-48877800-1408616645_thumb.j

Upnotover (or anyone else)

Are you aware whether or not this type of visa can be extended in Vietnam? I have read on the internet that, for example, a three-month visa can be extended for another three months without having to leave Vietnam, HOWEVER I have been unable to confirm this and the source does not appear to be necessarily credible. Any thoughts? I hold a US passport.

Upnotover (or anyone else)

Are you aware whether or not this type of visa can be extended in Vietnam? I have read on the internet that, for example, a three-month visa can be extended for another three months without having to leave Vietnam, HOWEVER I have been unable to confirm this and the source does not appear to be necessarily credible. Any thoughts? I hold a US passport.

I think the 3-month multi entry is actually a business visa. No special documents are needed to get it. Just fill out the form, pay the money and get it.

Yes, it is easy to get another extension for 3 months inside Vietnam. It's also possible to extend a 1-month and turn it into a 3-month single or multi, but is rather expensive. I think it may even be possible to get a second extension inside Vietnam. I think as long as you have the funds, they have the rubber stamp but do extend through an agent such as the ones in Pham Ngu Lao lane in Saigon.

• Like 1