Panasonic Home theatre Model number SCXH333

tlcwaterfall

I am interested in buying a small home theatre system for my room. I do not require a powerful system. Just want to have a reasonable sound when I am watching movies and television shows.

The above system is priced at 7990 on promotion at Power buy. It has 1000 watts.

http://www.buylah.my/home-theater/333-panasonic-dvd-home-theater-1000w-sc-xh333-51ch.html

Any knowledgeable people there that can advise me if I am on the right track or should I be looking at a different system?

That 1000 watts would be peak music which is what the system can produce for a milli-second or so . Don't be impressed by figures like that.

Can you audition it with a familar DVD or CD that you know well and then let your hears judge. Listen for "confused" sound that is not clear when there is a lot happening. Most systems sound good when they are playing one or two sounds but dialogue and explosions together will be different. At that price i would not expect two much but you may be surprised and it may do you you want especially for general viewing.

• Like 1

That system should work fine for the purposes you stated.

Is your TV Panasonic? If not, you may want to consider a sound system from the manufacturer of your TV to ensure best compatibility since they will communicate over HDMI CEC (Panasonic calls this VIERA link). Not a big deal, this system will work with any TV - but would work best with a Pansasonic.

• Like 1

I have the same system, it's fine for the price and it has Bluetooth so you can play music from your smartphone too.

Go for it.

Just a quick couple of questions please.

When watching movies and tv shows are you happy with the sounds from the speakers?

Any disadvantages you have encountered?

Thanks.

I have the same system, it's fine for the price and it has Bluetooth so you can play music from your smartphone too.

Go for it.

Just a quick couple of questions please.

When watching movies and tv shows are you happy with the sounds from the speakers?

Any disadvantages you have encountered?

Thanks.

No disadvantages, for the price it's actually very good, plus having Bluetooth to stream music from your mobile phone, it's good value.

Go for it.

• Like 1