Buy a Laptop battery online

Tchooptip

I've bought several laptop batteries of Ebay from sellers in China and Hong Kong. All arrived my Bangkok address no problem, without any customs charges, and a heck of lot cheaper that what I could find in Bangkok computer stories...even stores like Pantip. Generally, batteries such as laptop lithium-ion batteries are just pricey in Thailand.

• Like 2

I've bought several laptop batteries of Ebay from sellers in China and Hong Kong. All arrived my Bangkok address no problem, without any customs charges, and a heck of lot cheaper that what I could find in Bangkok computer stories...even stores like Pantip. Generally, batteries such as laptop lithium-ion batteries are just pricey in Thailand.

Thanks, then maybe I could have a try at eBay, indeed less than 50% the price I was asked in a shop in Samui

Thanks, then maybe I could have a try at eBay, indeed less than 50% the price I was asked in a shop in Samui

Yeap, that's about the same price difference I ran into. The two most recent laptop batteries I bought off Ebay out of China/Hong Kong are both approaching 18 months of age and still working fine in my Toshiba laptops---not to imply your results will be the same. And usually the laptop batteries you buy from a Thai computer shop will only be guaranteed for 3 to 6 months.

There are only a very few companies in the world that make laptop batteries and all others are rebranded.

Watch for ampere hours mAH - the more the better because that tells you how much charge the battery can hold and therefore its relative run time. Often there are at least 2 ratings for batteries for the same laptop.

Yeap, that's about the same price difference I ran into. The two most recent laptop batteries I bought off Ebay out of China/Hong Kong are both approaching 18 months of age and still working fine in my Toshiba laptops---not to imply your results will be the same. And usually the laptop batteries you buy from a Thai computer shop will only be guaranteed for 3 to 6 months.

Warranty is one year for all the batteries that are sold by the Advice Distribution's network of resellers (mentioned in my previous post). The batteries that I have bought from them usually work fine for at least 2 years on intensive usage, and more if your usage is less demanding, at least, that's my experience so far.

There are only a very few companies in the world that make laptop batteries and all others are rebranded.

Watch for ampere hours mAH - the more the better because that tells you how much charge the battery can hold and therefore its relative run time. Often there are at least 2 ratings for batteries for the same laptop.

Thanks for answering, and yes I discovered what you said looking for this battery, my wife's one is 5500mA and I've seen batteries with the same reference so fitting the laptop with only 4800mA, so good to knowthumbsup.gif

I've often found reasonably priced batteries in Thailand for my own laptop and for several of my friends' notebook computers at my local Advice Distribution's shop (you probably have at least one too in your vicinity). Check their website, you might find one for your wife's laptop too: http://www.advice.co.th/products/

I found one on your link, not Asus but compatible the brand's name is "Highpower" little problem its only 4400mA instead of 5500mA, the price: 1200Baht instead of 2500.

"I know" it would works... but the wife wants "same" for every things smile.png She does not knows what the mA, she tried to find one, on the phone and said 5000 mega, I told her no, mA is milli ampere...so.

But on the other hand I understand, she is a little paranoiac with everything in her own country, almost impossible to have a refund anywhere, she is afraid if not all figures are identical it could not fit properly, so I will not argue for 1000 Baht, I can still afford that wink.png

Thanks again for your time.

I've often found reasonably priced batteries in Thailand for my own laptop and for several of my friends' notebook computers at my local Advice Distribution's shop (you probably have at least one too in your vicinity). Check their website, you might find one for your wife's laptop too: http://www.advice.co.th/products/

I found one on your link, not Asus but compatible the brand's name is "Highpower" little problem its only 4400mA instead of 5500mA, the price: 1200Baht instead of 2500.

"I know" it would works... but the wife wants "same" for every things smile.png She does not knows what the mA, she tried to find one, on the phone and said 5000 mega, I told her no, mA is milli ampere...so.

But on the other hand I understand, she is a little paranoiac with everything in her own country, almost impossible to have a refund anywhere, she is afraid if not all figures are identical it could not fit properly, so I will not argue for 1000 Baht, I can still afford that wink.png

Thanks again for your time.

Agreed. It's always better not to displease your wife, especially for such a small amount of money.

As per another poster. I needed a new battery for my packard bell laptop, they wanted silly money for a new battery, so a quick search on ebay and my battery was ordered from a chinese supplier for about a quater of the cost. It arrived within about a week and there was no duty charged.

this is the sellers name

up_battery

i bought in 2010 and its still fine

Good luck