Map Of Bangkok?

phisto

Hi guys

I will be visiting Thailand soon and i was wondering if anyone can point me to a website that i can view street map of bangkok. I found several thats pretty old ones so i am not sure if it's still up to date.

Oh yes once i reach bangkok airport do they provide free maps at the airport?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi guys

I will be visiting Thailand soon and i was wondering if anyone can point me to a website that i can view street map of bangkok. I found several thats pretty old ones so i am not sure if it's still up to date.

Oh yes once i reach bangkok airport do they provide free maps at the airport?

Thanks a bunch!

When you get here, Hit Pantip plaza and pick up a copy of MAP KING Thailand computer program, great program! Not only does it show a great map with all the points of interest but it even tells you how to get there. If you have GPS on your laptop it will even guide you with a english voice.

Greg

Best paper map with a comprehensive index in English & grid refs, is the "A 2 Z Bangkok Map" by Bangkok Guide ISBN : 9748352456 for only 100 bt.

The isbn number refers to the 1st edition, maybe there is a 2nd by now as a search on google drew a blank!

Here's a taste but it only shows the city center online.

The same mob do an excellent bus route map..... :D

Use the search button for "bangkok map", but you've tried that, haven't you? :o

For shopping, I agree on Nancy Chandler's guide.... Excellent!

Edited by udon

Wow you guys are the best!! :o Will get some of the maps you guys mentioned when i reach there.

I will be in Pratunam area before i leave for airport. Can anyone advise if i need to check in the airport by 7pm what time preferbly should i leave Pratunam area on a Saturday evening? I am NOT hoping to join the bangkok infamous traffic jam.. I know the logical answer will be 'leave-as-early-possible' but i would like to find out a rough gauge. As i only have a day in Bangkok so every hour counts.

I will be taking public transport (BTS / Taxi / whatever) by the way.

Wow you guys are the best!! :o Will get some of the maps you guys mentioned when i reach there.

I will be in Pratunam area before i leave for airport. Can anyone advise if i need to check in the airport by 7pm what time preferbly should i leave Pratunam area on a Saturday evening? I am NOT hoping to join the bangkok infamous traffic jam.. I know the logical answer will be 'leave-as-early-possible' but i would like to find out a rough gauge. As i only have a day in Bangkok so every hour counts.

Allow a minimum of 2 hours for a domestic flight and 2.5 for International. Traffic in Pratunam is heavy on Sat. but the remainder of the journey should not be a problem on Sat.

Allow a minimum of 2 hours for a domestic flight and 2.5 for International. Traffic in Pratunam is heavy on Sat. but the remainder of the journey should not be a problem on Sat.

Thanks for the reply. Will it be faster if i take BTS combined with Taxi?

I was in Pantip yesterday and the only Thai map on CD I could find was "Road Map of Thailand 2005-2006 Bilingual edition", GPS Surveyed. It's crap. There are names for only major roads, and most little soi are unmarked at all. My first real task was to locate Ladprao Soi 120. No luck, sois are not marked. I don't know if GIS or ARC world maps cover Thailand any better.

Trip from Pratunam to the airport should take no more than 30 min - Pratunam is the closest area to the Don Muang tollway, from Indra Regent Hotel it's no longer than 10 min including two traffic lights, and then full speed to the airport.