Turkish Man Attacked By Street Vendor In Pattaya

Rimmer

Turkish Man Attacked By Street Vendor In Pattaya

pickles101.jpg
PATTAYA – August 21- [Pattaya Daily News]; at 01.20 am MR.DINCER CETIN a 32 year old from Turkey complained to Pattaya tourism police near Walking Street because a fruit vendor had attacked him with a knife. MR.DINCER showed his wound on his left arm. He then told police that he and his girlfriend were walking around Pattaya beach and his girlfriend wanted some watermelon so they bought some from a street vendor. He then handed over a 50 baht note for 2 pieces and the vendor gave him 20 baht change. He thought that it was too expensive because he normally pays 10 baht a piece so he gave the watermelon back and asked for a refund. However the vendor refused to refund his money. They then started arguing and the vendor slashed MR.DINCER across his arm. MR.DINCER decided to contact the police at the beginning of Walking Street who then rushed to the scene.

Upon questioning Mr.Yothin he confessed to assaulting MR.DINCER but he claimed that it was self-defense because MR.DINCER tried to attack him. Also Mr.Yothin told police that he told MR.DINCER that it was 15 baht a piece because it was big piece of watermelon. Also MR.DINCER had started eating the watermelon and then asked for a refund

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/turkish-man-attacked-street-vendor-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-08-22

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another quality tourist. Is anyone really surprised about crackdowns.

How do you know this guy is visa runner?

I just can't believe anybody, whether a legal "quality' tourist or not, would get that upset about 10 baht. Nothing to do with the type of tourist he is. It's just the type of person he is. Also wonder if the vendor made it clear he was raising the price because it was a bigger than usual piece.

• Like 1

I just can't believe anybody, whether a legal "quality' tourist or not, would get that upset about 10 baht. Nothing to do with the type of tourist he is. It's just the type of person he is. Also wonder if the vendor made it clear he was raising the price because it was a bigger than usual piece.

The quality tourist had started eating the watermelon before asking for a refund.

I never mentioned visa runner but to get stabbed to death for a few baht. Good luck with that.

The quality tourist had started eating the watermelon before asking for a refund.

I never mentioned visa runner but to get stabbed to death for a few baht. Good luck with that.

I thought it was visa runners that the government was cracking down on. I haven't heard anything about cracking down on the cheapskate or mentally unbalanced tourists. I think we can believe that he doesn't have a business on the beach that encroaches on public land, etc.

What crackdown are you talking about?

Edited by waynethor
  • Like 1

I thought it was visa runners that the government was cracking down on. I haven't heard anything about cracking down on the cheapskate or mentally unbalanced tourists. I think we can believe that he doesn't have a business on the beach that encroaches on public land, etc.

More to the point, what on earth are you talking about?

• Like 1

Common scam. They do not cut " large pieces " and do not inform .

Happened to me a few times . When I paid with not exact change.

No point to argue as you will not win, just accept the 10 baht rip off scam and move on,

• Like 1

More to the point, what on earth are you talking about?

I'm talking about this sentence form post #2:

"Another quality tourist. Is anyone really surprised about crackdowns."

If you choose too remove the important part of the quoted posts, of course it doesn't make sense. Why would you do that? It seems to be a problem in this forum with people editing posts or removing parts of them to suit their own reply.

To make it really easy for you , go back and read post #8. Then you can see the whole picture. It's very strange that you did so much editing to remove the main information.

Edited by waynethor
  • Like 1

What about the crackdown on wacko locals ?

• Like 1

So a vendor who attacks soneone with a knife over 10 baht is a quality vendor/rep of his country to visitors?

U need yer head checked

I wonder how much the watermelon slices are in Foodland? More expensive but a greatly reduced risk of slashing.

• Like 2

So, the victim was given the watermelon and had enough to start eating it before he was handed his change.

(blatant derogatory generalism deleted by moderator)

I bet if the police asked the vendor to produce the partially eaten watermelon, he would not be able to and thus disclose his proof of lying and instantly arrested as guilty. Basically, this guy should be in prison, slashing customers is possibly to be construed as attempted murder or at the very least malicious assault with a deadly weapon.... No matter what the motivation was.

• Like 1

What a wasted effort. People complaining about 10 baht, or less. Being overcharged is going to happen from time to time. I used to worry about it, but now I just average out the loss by getting a really good deal somewhere else. One lady at the market nearby wanted 30 baht for a small bag of pineapple. Next time I wanted pineapple, I walked right past her (I go with my wife) and got 3 whole pineapples (albeit, small) for 20 baht...unsliced. As my wife does a fine job of slicing fruit herself, it was not an issue. Now we are loyal pineapple customers to the man who sells 3 for 20...and the look on the face of the pineapple swindling lady is priceless.

By the way....if you are early (first customer) and you approach a stall for a purchase, it is considered very unlucky for the vendor if the sale is not completed. To them, it means a bad karma day. But overcharging does merit bad karma...does it not?

Edited by slipperylobster