Tax in Thailand an as ex pat

streds

Hi, hoping you can help. My girlfriend has recently secured a teaching job in Bangkok and I'm looking to join her. I am looking to put together a business plan for me to work in Bangkok in my current role for Jones Lang LaSalle, an international real estate consultancy business with an office in Bangkok. I am therefore looking for advice on visa application, I have posted on the visa section. Second part is with regards tax though, and non domicile or thai tax and how much that would be and impact me and the company Thanks for any advice.

As you will be working in Thailand you will be required to have a work permit and the appropriate visa (e.g. Non-Immigrant “B”) to accommodate your work permit application. Your application will also need to be supported by an Employer recognized by the Thai authorities (e.g. a Thai limited company recognized by Thailand’s Ministry of Commerce). For 1 work permit issued/supported, the employer must meet the 2 preliminary requirements of having 2 Million baht paid up registered capital and employing 4 Thai employees. While you (the foreign employee) will need to paid what is at least required by both the Immigration (for visa purposes) and the Labor Department (for work permit purposes). The minimum rate stipulated range between 35,000 Baht per month and up to 50,000 Baht per month depending on your nationality.

The taxes that you will be paying will be the same as any other Thai citizen and will be on the progressive rate ie how much you earn will depend on how much tax you pay.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]