Fast food for the people: MCD in CM

jobin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good that mcdo is not very cheap here like it is elsewhere. For example in the Philippines it is extremely cheap and there is a big, unhealthy fast food culture now (general public very fat compared to Thais even though they are far poorer). Here they seem to charge more on purpose, giving more expensive upsize meals as the only option. I hope the government is taxing mcdo heavily and continues to do so.

This is obviously a Troll post, but of course it is a great opportunity to talk about burgers AND prices, the two most popular subjects here. When are you guys going to realise that not everything needs to be evaluated by price and more importantly that the price of everything doesn't need to have a direct correlation with the price of a bowl of noodles. Has the word ripoff been used yet? If not, why not, this is Thai Visa Chiang Mai isn't it? I think we need a new acronym for the disease suffered by so many guys here, COWPAT or Compulsive Obsession With Prices Amongst Thaivisaites. It's getting very close to becoming an epidemic here.

Personally, I don't like Mc Donald's, or burgers for that matter, but if other people like them why should I get my knickers in a twist? Oh, I know, it's not good for them, and the Government should do something about it, right?

As regards to their prices, at a guess, I would say that since they have just opened their tenth store here, and most of them in the last few years, they have got the price right.

One bright spot in this topic ....., the guy that posted the IRA story. He should know, he worked there for two years and probably quit as a protest, otherwise he'd still be there, no doubt.

PS. I just did a Search for the word Price on this forum, and Thighlander's name was on 4 of the first 7 results on 1 of 39 pages. Worgeordie wasn't even in the top 20!

Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 1

This is obviously a Troll post, but of course it is a great opportunity to talk about burgers AND prices, the two most popular subjects here. When are you guys going to realise that not everything needs to be evaluated by price and more importantly that the price of everything doesn't need to have a direct correlation with the price of a bowl of noodles. Has the word ripoff been used yet? If not, why not, this is Thai Visa Chiang Mai isn't it? I think we need a new acronym for the disease suffered by so many guys here, COWPAT or Compulsive Obsession With Prices Amongst Thaivisaites. It's getting very close to becoming an epidemic here.

Personally, I don't like Mc Donald's, or burgers for that matter, but if other people like them why should I get my knickers in a twist? Oh, I know, it's not good for them, and the Government should do something about it, right?

As regards to their prices, at a guess, I would say that since they have just opened their tenth store here, and most of them in the last few years, they have got the price right.

One bright spot in this topic ....., the guy that posted the IRA story. He should know, he worked there for two years and probably quit as a protest, otherwise he'd still be there, no doubt.

This reminds me of a movie quote: "You humans. When're you gonna learn that size doesn't matter? Just 'cause something's important, doesn't mean it's not very, very small." Not exactly the same, but change some of the nouns........