AMLO seizes 3,900 rai from businessman

Lite Beer

3,900 Rai is a Big chunk of land.

Illegally acquired means stolen.

A well known businessman stealing means a thief.

But throw in 'Thainess', 'Thai language' and 'Thai Culture' and you get

a relatively small part of a business portfolio

of a well known businessman

disputed by AMLO

over imperfect transfer papers.

Loving it here! That is why I chose to live in Thailand...

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 2

I actually know this band of three.

They are true crooks involved in money lending also. They have their fingers in many local pies including many shops and are all tied in with Thaksin who almost certainly assisted them in their empire building. They had a lot of political influence here.

As a matter of fact one of their other cronies died a couple of years back in suspicious circumstances, he lived at the end of our street in a huge fortress of a house and they bought up loads of natural sumps, filled them with sand and built moo baans on them and a building connected with the PTP that never gets used. They are in fact still building, but nothing much sells.... all in our area.

I really do hope the junta finds all their businesses, they have a lot more than this report tells, but if they looked into all the companies they own (and their families) and all those company assets, the whole scale of the thing will truly be unveiled. I am talking billions probably. They even own a load of Amazon franchises right across the country.

BTW I forgot to mention.... They built my house.

With AMLO (Anti-Money Laundering) involved, which follows the money, it will be interesting to see what else is uncovered.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They are true crooks involved in money lending also. They have their fingers in many local pies including many shops and are all tied in with Thaksin who almost certainly assisted them in their empire building. They had a lot of political influence here.

As a matter of fact one of their other cronies died a couple of years back in suspicious circumstances, he lived at the end of our street in a huge fortress of a house and they bought up loads of natural sumps, filled them with sand and built moo baans on them and a building connected with the PTP that never gets used. They are in fact still building, but nothing much sells.... all in our area.

I really do hope the junta finds all their businesses, they have a lot more than this report tells, but if they looked into all the companies they own (and their families) and all those company assets, the whole scale of the thing will truly be unveiled. I am talking billions probably. They even own a load of Amazon franchises right across the country.

If they built your house on land you acquired from them (that they acquired illegally using laundered money) I'd be careful about what you wish for.

• Like 1

They must start on the top with Thaksin. Such small (even they are locally big) fishes won't help much. They must size the Shinawatra money and properties and go than down.

Alpine Country Club and Resort.

now lets see if they actually issue a fine worth at least the profits made from the land instead of the usual few thousand baht, until they make these people pay through their bank accounts with millions in fines it will keep happening. Would be great to see them do jail time as well, they would in any other country as well as have all assets seized and sold off, bugger face, just hit the mongrels.

A persons bank account or family name should not stop the courts from issuing huge fines and jail time, it is blatantly obvious that the laws have been put in place purely to serve the elite as the are the ones that do as they please with little results while the poor cop it big time. Time to start seizing all their assets and making them crown property, we will see a lot of the crime committed by these hi-so's stop once they do.

Do you really think so? I mean, the coup can't last forever and the scum always rise to the top! IMHO most Thai's couldn't give tinkers dam about the games that the hi-so's get up to.....they live in a different world! sad.pngwai.gif

The new PM appears to be a decent man.

The Lady PM before him was no less nice, sincere and decent.

Same can be said about PM preceding her.

I'm sure the next one will be OK as far as I'm concerned.

So what?

All these PMs are powerless to change this country.

The real power is not in hands of politicians. It is not even in the hands of Army. And least of all it is in the hands of nutty Liberals who think they know every answer to any question.

The real power in this beautiful country is in hands of a class of citizens called Public Servants or Administrators.

If anybody believes this class is going to

- wipe out corruption

- wipe out incompetence

- wipe out ...............................

- wipe out .......................

- wipe out themselves ..........

- create new just and transparent Laws

- enforce these Laws and

- march collectively to prison

- give away accumulated wealth

you must be out of your mind!

The problem is they are not "public servants", they are "government officers"! This means that instead of working to improve the lives of their fellow citizens they see their role as controlling, collecting and disbursing "government" money! Because the money belongs to the "government" when they take some they are not robbing the people they are re-distributing the "government money" (it doesn't really belong to anyone....right?) whistling.giffacepalm.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

"The Second Army Region, which operates across the entire Northeast, has reportedly reclaimed a total of 50,000 rai of land in national parks and other state-owned areas that had been illegally acquired."

Red Country is the biggest target. I really don't mind that -- the deforestation here is devastating. On the other side, why no action taken against Suthep's son on Koh Samui? Why? Good question altogether, and not a pro-red rant, but a pro-fairness rant. Why is Suthep's son allowed to encroach on the Ko Samui National Forest with impunity? Take two guesses and the first one doesn't count.

The rice scheme, infrastructure schemes and even border runners are not changing. Most of the current budgetary policies are...you got it, versions of PTP initiatives. The very profitable and failed education system is not changing. The vendors on the main roads in BKK are not changing. The taxis are not changing more than vaguely. The suicide boy motorcycle races are not changing. The populist policy of subsidies for private schools where no one fails, ands students are more like customers than pupils, is not changing. In short, all the reforms are cosmetic, and skin whitening attempts at improvement. Make no mistake about it -- General Prayuth has bosses, quiet, not in the spotlight, smart people who pull all the strings -- and that's okay, it is how it works in every country, but when the desire for power is allowed to exceed the welfare of the nation it is an utter failure. And the populace is only grist for unseen mills.

Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss.

Despite all this, which is quintessential Thainess, I like Good General Prayuth Chan-Ocha much more than Abhisit or any Thaksin.

At least they stopped killing each other in very public ways.

Edited by FangFerang

"The Second Army Region, which operates across the entire Northeast, has reportedly reclaimed a total of 50,000 rai of land in national parks and other state-owned areas that had been illegally acquired."

Red Country is the biggest target. I really don't mind that -- the deforestation here is devastating. On the other side, why no action taken against Suthep's son on Koh Samui? Why? Good question altogether, and not a pro-red rant, but a pro-fairness rant. Why is Suthep's son allowed to encroach on the Ko Samui National Forest with impunity? Take two guesses and the first one doesn't count.

The rice scheme, infrastructure schemes and even border runners are not changing. Most of the current budgetary policies are...you got it, versions of PTP initiatives. The very profitable and failed education system is not changing. The vendors on the main roads in BKK are not changing. The taxis are not changing more than vaguely. The suicide boy motorcycle races are not changing. The populist policy of subsidies for private schools where no one fails, ands students are more like customers than pupils, is not changing. In short, all the reforms are cosmetic, and skin whitening attempts at improvement. Make no mistake about it -- General Prayuth has bosses, quiet, not in the spotlight, smart people who pull all the strings -- and that's okay, it is how it works in every country, but when the desire for power is allowed to exceed the welfare of the nation it is an utter failure. And the populace is only grist for unseen mills.

Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss.

Despite all this, which is quintessential Thainess, I like Good General Prayuth Chan-Ocha much more than Abhisit or any Thaksin.

At least they stopped killing each other in very public ways.

Regards Sutheps son on Koh Samui :

Tarit was going to have him strung up over that until Sutheps son said "If you are going to investigate me investigate all those around me as well"

After that silence. You may like to speculate on who may have been "those around him"

There was never any argument that infrastructure needed upgrading the big difference now is that the work will now be done within budget which is open to scrutiny.

Neither was there any doubt that work needs to be done on flood prevention, again it will now be within budget and with proper environmental and health assessments.

As for the rest of your post it is all pure speculation that all these things will not change. Consider that not everything can be accomplished in just a few months.

You are making the assumption that there is nobody in this country who is prepared to work for the good of the country, I think you are wrong in this.

The claim that all Thais are corrupt is in my 10yrs experience just not true, people have put up with corruption because they have had no choice, give them a choice and they will be dead against it.

Already we are seeing some take that chance, in this instance those who have come forward after many years and reported the gent in the OP.

• Like 2

if 3900 rai is worth 50 million Baht, that means the price for land is about 12000 baht pr rai. what is happening?

When the farmers encroached on public land, it didn't cost them any money so they could afford to sell cheap to the pu yai and still make a handsome profit.

if 3900 rai is worth 50 million Baht, that means the price for land is about 12000 baht pr rai. what is happening?

Please, don't ask. This is meaningless.

1 rai at the sea side water line = about 10 M Bt give or take.

1 rai off Sukhumvit in BKK = 50 - 100 M Bt

1 rai in the middle of nowhere in Issaan with no water access = who needs it?

Location, soil quality, water, views, infrastructure, etc.

What was your question again?