'Cannibal' trial: German policeman in court over killing

Lite Beer

'Cannibal' trial: German policeman in court over killing

A German police officer has gone on trial in eastern Germany accused of murdering a businessman whom he met on a website for cannibalism fetishists.

Prosecutors say Detlev Guenzel, 56, strangled and dismembered the 59-year-old last November at a small bed-and-breakfast run by Mr Guenzel in the Erz mountains in eastern Germany.

There is no evidence that Mr Guenzel ate any part of the victim.

His defence lawyer told the Dresden court that the victim died willingly.

The prosecution says Mr Guenzel filmed himself cutting up the body with an electric saw. Police later found body parts buried in the garden of Mr Guenzel's bed-and-breakfast in Reichenau.

"He killed and dismembered him to get sexual stimulation and then later to get sexual stimulation by watching the video he made," AFP news agency quotes chief prosecutor Andreas Feron as saying.

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28901382

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-22

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Words fail me.

This sort of thing has happened in Germany before.

Words fail me.

A website for cannibalism fetishists?

Words fail me.

Words fail me.

He gets his rocks off watching himself cut someone up?

Words fail me.

Words fail me.

I am going to hell for laughing?

Words fail me.

Words fail you.

• Like 2

Had this happened in Thailand, this thread would be 10 pages long with all the retired farang factory workers and unemployed English teachers magically transformed into sociopolitical commentators claiming it was a consequence of Thai culture.

No it wouldn't. Because this was two men. If it was Thailand it would be women dismembering and eating their farang husbands.

Reading this news makes me throwing up......

What kind of sick people are these?? They work for Police???

And if the man admits why wait for further trial? Now I'm hanging tough time thinking what sort of punishment would be appropriate for such animal ??

How about the same kind of death with electric chain saw.....

"He killed and dismembered him to get sexual stimulation and then later to get sexual stimulation by watching the video he made,"

some predilections need to be eradicated for humanity's continuing development

Yep. There are mental illnesses that just happen, and then there's genetic predisposition. Psychopathy has been shown to have a genetic link.

Since eugenics is frowned upon by most, I wonder if in-utero genetic testing would find favour. Some dangerous and downright useless genes might be eradicated from the gene pool in less than 100 years.

The (evil) chickens of secular culture are coming home to roost.

...and you ain't seen nothing yet.

It's got nothing to do with secularism. It's got to do with PC.... and a lot of PC nonsense comes out of the churches, eg opposing the death penalty.

What's all the fuss about? Two consenting adults having a bit of fun.

Isn't that the justification used by many perverts the world over? Including farang sexpats in Thailand?

Actually, you're right.

He'd have to have proof the dead guy consented. though. I think the last German cannibal proved the mutual agreement but still ended up in gaol or an asylum.

The accused may not have eaten the body parts , but what about the guests that stayed at his bed and breakfast was there any footage of them having food in his video collection ?

Did the police check his menu for daily specials like Finger Food or Sweet Bread etc., the mind bogels . I would suspect this may of happened and should have been investigated.

I wonder if he has done this before ? If I were police I would be checking other properties the accused has had access to for possible remains.I was a former prison officer who had daily contact with the notorious Snowtown killers in South Australia in the late 90's who killed and ate their victims total number 12 and stored some of the left overs in a former bank vault at Snowtown in large plastic barrels. These murders were referred to as the "Bodies in the Barrel Murders ".The 4 convicted killers Bunting,Wagner,Hayden, and Tslacios (spelling probably wrong) apparently compared human to pork. So it is quiet possible that guests at this bed and breakfast were tricked into eating human flesh . Food for thought !