Most of the rice tested in government warehouses 'substandard'

Lite Beer

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can not be true as I fully remember Yingluck making the announcement that she ordered and inspection or these warehouses and the stockpiles were in good condition. It is known to all that a Shiniwatra would not lie

I will do all in my power to nominate you for a Pulitzer prize as your funny and sarcastic writing here exposed, for the first time in history, a government that told a lie.

Well done sir!

And they query why the first auction had no bidders. To rid the country of this long standing international disgrace, kill headlines and go on to some other "blue sky " project, they should announce free rice to anyone who wants it and the pickups will form a line 5 kilometers long !

I hope the solution of the problem has nothing to do with the subsidy program for cheap raw material for 1,000 restaurants, that offer now cheap eat fixed price per plate.whistling.gif .

I hope that this time are real consequences for this organized rice criminals here.
Prison and asset confiscation must be the only result here.

Edited by tomacht8

Come on reds . . . defend or excuse this . . . or will you finally accept that Thaksin/Yingluck/PT/UDD etc don't give a shit nor have they ever given a shit about "the poor" who they were allegedly "helping".

The only thing they were interested in was solidifying their power over "the poor" and enriching themselves obscenely whilst doing so. All in the guise of "democracy" . . . it's all one big <deleted> joke and so so many of you just can't see it still.

Well, if you insist ...

The government had no responsibility in this. Ms. Yingluck only set out the strategy. Implementation was maybe not completely perfect. The farmers might have delivered the wrong paddy. The warehouse owners were paid to take care of this. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

We have to make sure that only good-quality Thai rice is exported," he said.

So the sub-standard rice isn't good enough for the rest of the world but presumably will end up being served in Thailand. Not a good picture.

Exactly! We will have to consume the sub-standard rice while the man in Dubai, who was behind the scam, and his crony politicians, etc., will be eating the best quality rice. I hope that the rural people won't be fooled by his promises and smiles in the run-up to the next elections in 2015.

But I don't think i can help you with arguments that this was not just for the headlines. Most government policies in Thailand are implemented for the headlines without must thought or investigation being done. That was so with the previous government as well as with the current government (crackdown on visa runs which lasted about a month before they started easing the rules already, disgust about the rice scheme only to come up with a rubber scheme, etc).

It would seem both have something in common, the word "scheme".

So, will the 'rubber scheme" pay middle man, pay a price way above word price, no plans to limit volume and amounts, no plans for alternative crops, no plans for quality improvements?

Come on reds . . . defend or excuse this . . . or will you finally accept that Thaksin/Yingluck/PT/UDD etc don't give a shit nor have they ever given a shit about "the poor" who they were allegedly "helping".

The only thing they were interested in was solidifying their power over "the poor" and enriching themselves obscenely whilst doing so. All in the guise of "democracy" . . . it's all one big <deleted> joke and so so many of you just can't see it still.

Oh, they can see it Tatsujin, they just can't admit it because they are either too stubborn and don't want to lose face, are too thick and just don't understand what is happening, are trolls and want to keep baiting and taunting people into arguments (eg. phipodon) or are paid to post crap.

The Shins have never cared about the poor, they were simply the cheapest and easiest way to buy their way into power/money ect. Anyone with half a brain can see that. thumbsup.gif

The Shins have never cared about the poor, they were simply the cheapest and easiest way to buy their way into power/money ect. Anyone with half a brain can see that. thumbsup.gif

Agree, they use money to get into power to enrich themselves and their cronies while others use tanks and guns.

Neither cares much about the country as a whole or the poor.

Anyone with a quarter of a brain can see that.

• Like 1

Oh, they can see it Tatsujin, they just can't admit it because they are either too stubborn and don't want to lose face, are too thick and just don't understand what is happening, are trolls and want to keep baiting and taunting people into arguments (eg. phipodon) or are paid to post crap.

Why all this innuedos unless you are baiting and taunting yourself. Why this off tangent posting when the subject is all about bad storage due to the extended storage period. If it is a storage problem, the owners of the warehouses will have to compensate the government. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Agree, they use money to get into power to enrich themselves and their cronies while others use tanks and guns.

Cheap stab at the military I see.

In a topic about the rice scam which the Yingluck government started and the military stopped and even tries to get corrected.

What was that about a 'quarter brain'?

• Like 1

Scheme: (Oxford Dictionary)

Noun: a secret or underhanded plan; a plot

Verb: make plans, esp. in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong.

'nuff said.

What's everyone in a frenzy about?

They told you what it was.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

P.S. "I don't think any Thai would consider exporting bad products to foreign countries."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

In a topic about the rice scam which the Yingluck government started and the military stopped and even tries to get corrected.

A cheap stab at the military as a response to a cheap stab at the previous government.

You mean rice scheme not scam or fraud. I have never heard that from the NCPO audit team or any charges brought against Yingluck or her ex-ministers? Or are you holding back some information privy only to you.

But I don't think i can help you with arguments that this was not just for the headlines. Most government policies in Thailand are implemented for the headlines without must thought or investigation being done. That was so with the previous government as well as with the current government (crackdown on visa runs which lasted about a month before they started easing the rules already, disgust about the rice scheme only to come up with a rubber scheme, etc).

So, will the 'rubber scheme" pay middle man, pay a price way above word price, no plans to limit volume and amounts, no plans for alternative crops, no plans for quality improvements?

If it is a subsidy, which it is, the price will be, per definition, above the market price.

So please quantify "way above".

A cheap stab at the military as a response to a cheap stab at the previous government.

The difference being that the previous government initiated the Rice Price Pledging Scheme (aka rice scam) and continued for as long as they could while ignoring and denying anything wrong with it.

Edited by rubl

The difference being that the previous government initiated the Rice Price Pledging Scheme (aka rice scam) and continued for as long as they could while ignoring and denying anything wrong with it.

And the current government would never do that of course.

The GT2000 does work and defies the laws of nature is still the standpoint of the armed forces.

(Just to be clear, the rice scheme was filled with corruption and people should be procecuted, and i am not denying that. The original article only leaves a lot open and i trust the current rules just as little as the previous government)

whether the rice is there or not it seems clear that only 25% of it is actually usable which is going to increase the loss incurred by this scheme exponentially, cost to the Thai people could be upwards of 1 trillion baht which I predicted months ago, those responsible for this scheme should be criminally charged with gross negligence and corruption, there really is absolutely no excuse for this debacle - I hope that all of the Thai people will be made to understand exactly what went on here and the ultimate cost to them

I have run out of likes already.

Have one of these. thumbsup.gif

Edited by billd766

If it is a subsidy, which it is, the price will be, per definition, above the market price.

The scheme was presented as being self-sufficient. If it can be funded with a revolving fund it can hardly be seen as a subsidy, now can it?

You mean rice scheme not scam or fraud. I have never heard that from the NCPO audit team or any charges brought against Yingluck or her ex-ministers? Or are you holding back some information privy only to you.

A scheme which looses between 500,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 Baht in 2-1/2 years with the government denying anything wrong I call a scam. If you don't like that, sue me.

Just to be clear: every subsidy is losing money. Thats the point of the subsidy: wealth transfer.

The scheme was presented as being self-sufficient. If it can be funded with a revolving fund it can hardly be seen as a subsidy, now can it?

It can only be self sufficient if you can corner the market resulting in higher world prices.

I heard that the thai government claimed that ability once before, and that was with rice.

So the sub-standard rice isn't good enough for the rest of the world but presumably will end up being served in Thailand. Not a good picture.

not good quality doesn't mean it is poison. It is just a cheaper quality.

Even with pest inside it is still good enough for producing beer.

Rice should never be used to produce beer

It can only be self sufficient if you can corner the market resulting in higher world prices.

I heard that the thai government claimed that ability once before, and that was with rice.

Correct, The Yingluck government said that and tried it.

Now to cut this back and forth short.

You wrote "disgust about the rice scheme only to come up with a rubber scheme, etc)."

and I replied

"It would seem both have something in common, the word "scheme".

So, will the 'rubber scheme" pay middle man, pay a price way above word price, no plans to limit volume and amounts, no plans for alternative crops, no plans for quality improvements? "

So, rice scam is not a subsidy, rice scam is not same as the rubber scheme.

Correct, The Yingluck government said that and tried it.

Now to cut this back and forth short.

You wrote "disgust about the rice scheme only to come up with a rubber scheme, etc)."

and I replied

"It would seem both have something in common, the word "scheme".

So, will the 'rubber scheme" pay middle man, pay a price way above word price, no plans to limit volume and amounts, no plans for alternative crops, no plans for quality improvements? "

So, rice scam is not a subsidy, rice scam is not same as the rubber scheme.

Looks the same to me Rubi. Previous government pay a 10% over market price and subsidies 2,520B for every rai of rubber plantation. Total of 21B Baht was set aside to fund this scheme. Current government continue the funding with 6B Baht. And I wouldn't sue you for the misinformation.

not good quality doesn't mean it is poison. It is just a cheaper quality.

Even with pest inside it is still good enough for producing beer.

Rice should never be used to produce beer

Saki comment?

• Like 2