familyman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks...

I did allude to the fact that some wine is grown here, but I have yet to come across one that was drinkable. I've heard that there are some good ones but I haven't tasted one.

Growing wine in the tropics hardly ever seems to be very successful, (v. Queensland versus NSW, Victoria etc) even at high altitudes.

it nevertheless remains the case that to readily get hold of a decent wine you have to buy foriegn.

Next time I'm in BKK I'll pick up a couple of bottles of Thai wine, and one day we'll open them together, and try them. What's your poison? Red or white?

I'm not talking about the cheap sweet crap that the Thais claim is wine - that's undrinkeable. No the stuff I'm referring to is the real thing, and has been given high marks by genuine wine conneseurs - not me! I know nothing :o

Apparently there are areas in the hills/mountains that are ideal for certain types of grapes and these vineyards are in the hands of foreign experts.

It's either Laos or Cambodia - I can't remember which- that has a burgeoning wine export industry - same climatic conditions.

I'l let you know when I have a BBQ and you can bring a bottle!

I am moving to Pattaya next month with my wife and baby.

Can anyone recommend (non seedy!) places to go, where to eat / shop, etc.

Thanks

Good luck... it's Pattaya... :o

totster :D

welcome darling to dodge city :D

A comment like that says more about the poster than the town....