Internet Shops - Why Are They So Cr*p?

simon43

One to avoid is the one in Chart Guest House on Khao San Road - don't be deceived by the nice desks and large flat screen monitors, the Internet runs at a snails pace.

But the real reason to avoid it is the girl who works in there is quite possibly the rudest, most miserable Thai person I've ever met. Strange thing is, though, that I've seen her laughing on joking on the phone to her friends, and then scowling at every customer as they pay or ask a question. Guess she must really hate her job, or farrangs...

It pays to actually find a cafe that has a proper service.

The problem is that many "internet cafes" are in fact just using the internet PC's as one of their many sidelines. They often don't take time to maintain the PC and the internet is often just one single dial up connection shared by each terminal.

On the bright side, it does seem that many of them are wising up now and getting ADSL.

Guess she must really hate her job, or farrangs...

As someone who deals with travelers every day, I find it amazing how many Thai people are able to not hate us.

The truth is that most people are OK, but the rude, angry, demanding, cheap ones really stand out and they target the Thais because they are percieved as being too mild-mannered to answer back. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I'm FAT!!! FAT!!! FAT!!!!!

Grrrr, some people are sooooooo rude......

S

I wouldn't describe myself as being fat, more as someone who is very adept at dodging salads. I've been dodging the green leaves for 33 years now and feel proud of the investment I have made in my figure!

As for the miserable Khao San Road girl Dan, I think I know the one you mean. She keeps being asked to leave the pub so that they can have a happy hour. I can imagine her day isn't exactly filled with sunshine in a backpackers internet cafe though.