Thaivisa-where Are All The Early Members?

simon43

and with this post... I match my membership number. :o

I've been here since the beginning, mostly lurking. I don't have much to say on most topics (worth posting anyway) so I usually keep quite.

If I remember, I came to Thai Visa when I was looking for information in 2002 about getting the right visa to box with. Since then I mostly lurk, ask the occasional question, participate briefly in political debates, etc.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and sofar noone has beaten francois (member no 20) --- and regardless of how low a member number you might have --- can you beat francois in contributions to this board?

If you go to one of the Visa Forums and go to the one of the first pages, you can see that many of the people that registered early on are still listed as "Newbie" because they only posted a few times. And if you look at their profiles, you will see that many of them haven't been active since 2002 or 2003.

Who remebers BUD and his exploits ?

I should not admit this, but I also remember KeninN, and even thou I was not him, I also joined his membership level in days gone by upsetting an zealous mod who is no longer.

Simon43, I was here a 1k members b4 you just to let you know where some of the Oldies have gone, well not gone.

CF

When I first took the chance to reveal myself to this board in those early days, I started to consider Thailand as an eventual candidate for retirement - the system gave me a very low number, I've long time forgotten ... what does it matter, anyway?

Contributions are what matter - not membership number.

Who remebers BUD and his exploits ?

I should not admit this, but I also remember KeninN, and even thou I was not him, I also joined his membership level in days gone by upsetting an zealous mod who is no longer.

Simon43, I was here a 1k members b4 you just to let you know where some of the Oldies have gone, well not gone.

CF

Ah , but who remembers " kwiz " that little Sri Lankin firebrand ? He made for some interesting reading .

When I first registered, I used the name 'simon43' because that was my age, (obviously thought I wouldn't stay very long!)

Now I'm 47 (just) - but it seems crazy to change my username every year :o

Simon

When I first registered, I used the name 'simon43' because that was my age, (obviously thought I wouldn't stay very long!)

Now I'm 47 (just) - but it seems crazy to change my username every year :D

Simon

I've heard that before.... :o

totster :D

I found ThaiVisa in March 2004 while googling for info on permanent residence. No one answered my first post! Prior to that I hadn't participated in any online forum since the soc.culture.thai newsgroup in 1995. I quit SCT because the racist/sexist garbage from the Thai-bashers was drowning out the people who had something to say. Moderated forums make for friendlier discussion.

Yes, web boards can easily take up too much of our time but on TV there is enough good info to make it worthwhile. That isn't the case on other Thailand-oriented boards.

I'm shtill here (jusht about and infrequently), but the dreaded lao-kao got to me long ago and hit my batting average for six...... Chonabot would understand what it does to a Ishaan-man, whoshe been in theshe partsh a bit too long. :o

Yeah, whatever happened to KevinN, the KKK lumberjack from Petchabun? And Georgie-Porgie, the fat barsteward from Chiang Mai? Anybody know these TV have-beens? :D

You old farts are cramping our style man ! It's so unhip ! :o

Actually, it was kind of interesting to look at some of the posters in the Briton Kills..... thread. A lot of posters that had joined years ago were/are replying, some who rarely post at all.

Because I'm bored and have the time, I did a quick scan of the posters in that thread.

There's something like 29 members under the 10,000 mark that have posted in that thread. 16 under the 5,000 mark, and even 3 under the 1,000 mark !

The lowest # is 13 (Rinrada), sorry Rishi, he's got Francois beat !

BTW, who was Totster ? :D

You old farts are cramping our style man ! It's so unhip ! :D

Actually, it was kind of interesting to look at some of the posters in the Briton Kills..... thread. A lot of posters that had joined years ago were/are replying, some who rarely post at all.

Because I'm bored and have the time, I did a quick scan of the posters in that thread.

There's something like 29 members under the 10,000 mark that have posted in that thread. 16 under the 5,000 mark, and even 3 under the 1,000 mark !

The lowest # is 13 (Rinrada), sorry Rishi, he's got Francois beat !

BTW, who was Totster ? :D

Re Numbers.. ...Yes... 13 and still going strong.

I joined simply because of the information aspects or rather LACK of it with regards anything to do with mostly travel items/subjects related to LOS..as well as other places and as long as it keeps coming in and makes sense then I will be here for a while yet. :D

Time was when I would walk up and down Suk Road asking the again usual daft questions like.....

Xcuse me do you know where?........................NO... :D

Can yout point out the Bus.............................NO....

Where do I go for........................................Dont Know................Wot..

Nobody seemed to know ANYTHING...............Buses ,Trains,Boozers,knocking shops,supermarkets,Airline offices,Temples,Churches....well.....why not :o

Admit this was before the internet but the only way to find out anything about anything was to do it yourself....I thought for a while it was some sort of Code of Secrecy or conspiracy going on......but No it was simply a case of No Communication.

Now if I want to know what bus to get from downtown Nakon Nowhere to Sokorn Everywhere,the timetable,the cheap day return fares and the names of the local pubs.....Voila ...someone lives there and has it on hand.....Great....

Incid re "the Brit kills"...I have not posted on this one ...sad case and have no comment......seen it too often.... :D

Guess I'm one of the earlier members... not much of a poster though.

Geez, where you been?

Ah , but who remembers " kwiz " that little Sri Lankin firebrand ? He made for some interesting reading .

I remember him all too well. Dont know what happened to that guy.

I'm shtill here (jusht about and infrequently), but the dreaded lao-kao got to me long ago and hit my batting average for six...... Chonabot would understand what it does to a Ishaan-man, whoshe been in theshe partsh a bit too long. :o

Yeah, whatever happened to KevinN, the KKK lumberjack from Petchabun? And Georgie-Porgie, the fat barsteward from Chiang Mai? Anybody know these TV have-beens? :D

I remember them all Plachon. Must say I dont see you much around anymore either.

I'm still here

Is a 2003 member what you consider an old timer simon? or anyone that remembers KevinN and/or Bud?

Yep, remember them both. Also remember Boris!

Miss the likes of MrEntou (Michael), MrVietnam (there was anotho one called MrVeitnam2000 or something like that).

Anyone remember the little scandle we had a ways back - with a certain Manager of IT being sent back to Australia for some, er, legal issues? (It was a bannuing offense to mention him, so I've been carefull :o )

A lot have been banned and come back I'm sure.

I'm still here and read thaivisa.com often. I don't post much. I have gotten some very helpful information at times, especially when I posted questions. I wish I could contribute more, but I am afraid I don't have a lot of information that would be interesting to most members.

Although I have been in Thailand for a few years, I still feel that my opinion is not worth much regarding most issues involving Thailand. I do post if I feel I can offer something.

-q

I wish I could contribute more, but I am afraid I don't have a lot of information that would be interesting to most members.

Although I have been in Thailand for a few years, I still feel that my opinion is not worth much regarding most issues involving Thailand. I do post if I feel I can offer something.

-q

Quad.....No need to be so modest.... :D

I have had a look back over your contributions and have always found them to be solid,interesting,precise and you have offered straight forward advice with sound principals and explanations...unlike some others I can think of.... :o

You opinions are ALWAYS constructive and I am sure will continue to be ...Most Welcome...... :D

Me and Kwiz were sparring buddies.......... :o

Howsabout Mr Vietnam2001? , he was a hoot....., with his gems and his small carnie type hands.... :D

:D Shure do bro.......... :D

It's like the "Derby and Joan" club in here. Us newbies don't feel worthy of posting :D

But i will say a big thankyou to all of you pioneers in the early days of TV. Without you lot joining and making the forum successful, i wouldn't have found it and gleaned a wealth of knowledge. I takes me hat off to ya :o