Thaivisa-where Are All The Early Members?

simon43

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could contribute more, but I am afraid I don't have a lot of information that would be interesting to most members.

Although I have been in Thailand for a few years, I still feel that my opinion is not worth much regarding most issues involving Thailand. I do post if I feel I can offer something.

-q

Quad.....No need to be so modest.... :D

I have had a look back over your contributions and have always found them to be solid,interesting,precise and you have offered straight forward advice with sound principals and explanations...unlike some others I can think of.... :o

You opinions are ALWAYS constructive and I am sure will continue to be ...Most Welcome...... :D

Hi Rinrada,

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.

-q

Who are you calling an old git?

At least I still have my hair where as the last time i met up with you Simon I seem to remember you had a bottle of the restoring stuff tucked away at the back of the Jube Jube Bar..... :D ...yeah and was that your wheel chair parked out side......

Also me bus pass is still a Lonnnnnnng way away yet......3 years at least....... :o

I was not BALD!!! How many times do I have to tell you?!!! I just had a very short haircut!

Jeeze - you compliment some poeple and then they go and SLAP you in the face.....

That wheelchair was just a test-run for when I get older..

I would hereby like to state that I am still too young for a Thai retirement visa!!!

:o

S

More than ever in Thailand :D

TV helped me a lot during my installation period(visa....)

Regular visitor here but I only post when I have some interresting info. :D

Exept that: low profile :o

What number am I?

Your member number is way too large to be considered as one of us there pal. Sorry! :D

I feel like an old member... :D

Pepe! I have not seen you for ages. What have you been up to? I thought you quit TV and forgot about it. I still remember you, Mr. San Diego Doctor man! :D

Haven't been in here for a long time, got married and been busy.....

....great thread though,

miss the old times.....

Well hope everyone's doing great! Cheers!

You as well Shopgurl! I remember you and thought you had quit TV as well. Nice to see you back!

More than ever in Thailand :D

TV helped me a lot during my installation period(visa....)

Regular visitor here but I only post when I have some interresting info. :D

Exept that: low profile :o

Geez dude, I vaguely remember you. Why are you guys so quiet?

Read Thaivisa for several months before joining.Never have been a big poster,but will add my thoughts and comments when the right topic appears.Don't post much when I'm in Thailand(around 50% of the time)so that makes a big difference.

Would like to thank those prolific posters for their sometimes helpful,sometimes provocative,but always readable comments and information which keeps me up to date(and comming back for more) with what is happening in a area of the world I love.

I suspect there are several members like myself. I moved to Thailand several years ago before there was a Thaivisa.com. I live in Issan where farangs were few and far between. Pretty much had to learn the ropes on my own. A visa run to Vientianne was quite an adventure then.

I learned how to use the internet just for fun in 2001, then realized how useful it was. Cant remember how I found TV, but it has been a wealth of information.

Anyone planning a move to LOS after reading TV, will find it much easier than back then. There were some difficult times, but Im glad I went through it, I have some fond memories of my early days.

Usually, nowadays, I check in with TV on occasion as things are always changing and I still find useful information. Plus, I can sometimes give someone tips from my experiences.

After meeting my wife-to-be in 1999, I was told about the Thai Visa website by an American who worked at Shin Satellite. Unfortunately for me, soon after I discovered the website, it went silent with a "Website Under Construction" page that lasted for a long time. I don't remember how long it was like that, but eventually the website did come back to life. After that I was a guest of the forums for a long time until I finally had a reason to make a post regarding waiting for a U.S. green card.

Do others remember the Thai Visa website being out of commission? Do you remember how long it was under construction? I presume George knows the answers.

I thought I would try to jog my 'early days' memory by looking at my first postings, but I can't get them. I thought that looking myself up as a member and clicking on "Profile Options" was the way to do it.

But nothing happens when I click on "Profile Options".

Has that been discontinued, or could there be something wrong with my computer?

I'm shtill here (jusht about and infrequently), but the dreaded lao-kao got to me long ago and hit my batting average for six...... Chonabot would understand what it does to a Ishaan-man, whoshe been in theshe partsh a bit too long. :o

Yeah, whatever happened to KevinN, the KKK lumberjack from Petchabun? And Georgie-Porgie, the fat barsteward from Chiang Mai? Anybody know these TV have-beens? :D

I remember them all Plachon. Must say I dont see you much around anymore either.

Hi Trips, as I said, have been somewhat thwarted by less than pure spirits and other diversions..........

But still check in from time to time and glad to see around a few of the old crew.

I'm shtill here (jusht about and infrequently), but the dreaded lao-kao got to me long ago and hit my batting average for six...... Chonabot would understand what it does to a Ishaan-man, whoshe been in theshe partsh a bit too long. :o

:D Shure do bro.......... :D

You shtill hanging out in Kalashin hombre? :D:D

tutsiwarrior...rootin' tootin' an' high falutin'...

hey man...I got battle scars and was present when TV re-emerged as a respectable website after the epic flame wars of late 2003...

//edit to remove extra comment - lopburi3//

Tutsi.........still duckin', divin', drinkin', flamin' an' gettin lopped by lopburi, eh? :D

Can't keep a good man down, no matter how many times he gets edited, banned and lopped by the mods. Here's to you, us and the flame wars of late 2003! It sorted out the men from the boys, but still not too sure about the merits of "respectable websites". :D

Cheers! :o

plachon

I joined TV in 2003 as member 174 or something.

Now TV has tens of thousands of members, (which is great!!)

But I rarely see posts from some of the TV members from the early days, (with the exception of Rinrada, George etc).

Most postings are from member number 10246 or whatever.

So what has happened to the members from a few years ago?

Did they chuck it all in and return to their 'homeland'?

Is their Thai wife (or husband) soooo sexy that they don't have time to post on TV?

Am I one of the few sad guys who still checks TV every day?

I'd be interested to hear from some of the 'old-timers'. What are you doing after all these years?????

Simon

Well I am not quite member 174, but I have been a member for three years and still post. Though I only intially joined the board, when there was all that fuss about visa stamps, and I was a member for a rival board, which has since folded. But I am still here!

Never have been a big poster, but will post when the right topic appears.Can’t spend to much time as I have a bizz in Pattaya to take care of, still up and running after 17 years.

Use Internet weekdays as my hobby is the stock market and I check Thaivisa every day as there’s lot of useful info,tnx guys.

Visit Thailand first time 1983, started my bizz 1989 and resident since 1996, lot of siht in town but I still like Pattaya.

2002-11-30 10:16:56 Post #1

Group: Moderators

Member No.: 13

I got married to my Thai wife here in London 2 years ago and no problem.She nows has an indefinate UK visa and a 1 year EC Shengen Visa,works locally and pays taxes.She will probabally get her UK passport in 2 years time.We usually go to Bangkok 2-3 times a year where we both have our own house,business,and various plots of land around the country. (she) I have a condo in Teparak...Mai Peng..In Thai..Phut Cha-Cha...and dont worry.

--------------------

wad some god the gif tae gi us

Just had a quick shufty back to those fun days in November.2002 and have found my First Post...No1.(above)....now 3,500 later at least wife has got a red passport and I am am still poor....

Mai peng rai.....keep looking ahead.... :o:D