Recent overstay and now to re-enter Thailand

I overstayed my welcome by 30 days. Paid my fine on my way out and have been gone now for about 4 months. I will go back to Thailand in 2 weeks. I would prefer a visa exempt entry as I am working in a pretty isolated area (in Canada) and a visa will be a problem to get. I will stay in Thailand for 10 days with proof of onward travel.

Any advice with the new clamp downs etc??

Thank you.

Please...I know it wasn't a smart thing to do. I'm not looking for confirmation of that. Just thoughts on how to proceed from here. "Losing my passport ( to get another and enter on a clean passport) would be problematic in that I have reserved my flight on my existing passport #. And I'd have to get to a Passport Canada office to get one on the quick. And then go through the hassle of contacting the airline (JAL) to change details (probably not THAT difficult)

Thanks

Ok. I was just searching the answer for that. Thank you.

When I left the country, I asked if there were "other consequences for the overstay aside from the fine, and was told "no". But there have been "reports" of rule changes.

Anyways, thank you for your prompt replies.

As far as I remember the ATM's are after Passport Control.

There are Currency Exchange booths before Passport Control.

There are ATMs before Immigration. Some dispense foreign currency, the only ones in Thailand.

Anyway the OP will not be asked to show any money.