The Best Way to Use Thailand Paypal for a business

engrin

Just wondering which type of Thailand Paypal account is best for a business to receive payments? Also if you need to have a registered business first to be able to use that particular type of account? What percentage is taken off each transaction? Thanks for any advice!

Hi,

I have been using a Paypal Business account for several years, it's working perfect for me. Takes about 1 week to withdraw from paypal to bank account. You need a registered company in Thailand and a company bank account in a Thai bank. Note that there is a 4.5% paypal fee on receiving payments for amounts larger than 1000€ an international wire transfer is usually better.

David.

Hi,

I have been using a Paypal Business account for several years, it's working perfect for me. Takes about 1 week to withdraw from paypal to bank account. You need a registered company in Thailand and a company bank account in a Thai bank. Note that there is a 4.5% paypal fee on receiving payments for amounts larger than 1000 an international wire transfer is usually better.

David.

Interesting as all payments i receive amount is irrelevant have a 4.5% fee. Although i have a thai ltd co it was not required to open the account. My payments go to my personal account and not my company account.

After some larger transactions ฿20,000 up PayPal asked for more documentation. I believe proof of address and something else...

When someone sends me the money by PayPal, 4.5% fee is always cut.

It really did not matter if the amount was less or more 1000 eur.

Is there any cheaper way to send or receive money in Thailand than PayPal as I thought that this is the cheapest way?

When someone sends me the money by PayPal, 4.5% fee is always cut.

It really did not matter if the amount was less or more 1000 eur.

Is there any cheaper way to send or receive money in Thailand than PayPal as I thought that this is the cheapest way?

I'm sorry, there was a comma missing in my sentence, I was saying indeed there is a 4.5% commission taken by paypal on all payments received. And I meant that for amounts over 1000 Euros the commission (45€) becomes higher than the fee for an international wire transfer.

It's true that a company account is not required for a company, but for a paypal company account a company bank account is. Personal accounts may be suspended by paypal pending verifications, and they can get pretty annoying, I have a friend who had a very bad experience and had over 5000€ frozen for almost 3 months doing business on a paypal personal account (he was in Thailand). I would only recommend doing business using a business account.

You really helped me to save some money.

So, in order to avoid this 45 eur fee the one who sends the money can send 999 eur and the fee can be avoided.

Thanks

No, sorry as I said above, a comma was missing (and for some reason I can't edit my first post). there is a 4.5% fee whatever is the amount, if you receive 100€ the fee will be 4.5€, if you receive 500€, the fee will be 22.5€, if you receive 1000€ it will be 45€, if you receive 10000€ it will be 450€!!... Since international transfer cost between 30 and 50€ and clears in 2-3 business days, it's not interesting for amounts over 1000€

Personal account have lower fee for receiving money which is not business related (I forgot how they call it), however you'll get your account suspended pending verification if you use that method (that's what happened to my friend who had to pay the 4.5% in the end after having his money frozen for almost 3 months).

No. Cappella modified his first statement to say that "there is a 4.5% commission taken by paypal on all payments received." Therefore, for a remittance of EUR 999.00, Paypal would deduct 4.5% of EUR 999.00, which is EUR 44.96