Kan Air deny any responsibility for MH370 or similar missing flights...

roamer

I'm fully aware this is no joking matter but I couldn't help but be struck by the last sentence in this statement on the booking page of Kan Air, a new airline offering flights between Ubon Ratchathani and Chiang Mai. What is it about Thai companies that they don't get that it might be a good idea to run things through a native English speaker first.?

http://www.kanairlines.com/main/

You have to click through to the booking page to see the original.

post-7438-0-27683100-1409171398_thumb.jp

It is you linking it to MH 370, not them. They are not responsible for someone missing a flight due to delays / weather / trying to fly a too tight schedule / whatever. All I read is a friendly warning.

Sorry but if you choose to run an airline and put your website up in English with howlers like this I think it shows a complete lack of professionalism, to say "we are not responsible for any missing flight" invites questioning. Not me who "made" the link, this was from an email that has been doing the rounds in aviation/travel circles.

• Like 1

Methinks the OP's irony went over several people's heads wink.png

Note for roamer, best not to post topics like this in the early hours.thumbsup.gif

Maybe better for people to WAKE UP before they start to read things that are above their pay grade ? smile.png

Edited by marcusd
  • Like 1

Sounds like its offering a point to point service i.e. you cannot book through onto an international flight ,so yes you have to make sure you leave plenty of time for any connection ........

basically if you leave the connection so short and its late for whatever reason e.g. roaming VIPS or the like... no refunds from us!

I tried booking a flight with Kan Air, but in the small print they claimed:

1) They were not responsible for the moon landings

2) JFK, MLK and Archduke Franz Ferdinand were all the work of another rival airline

But their proces are very good, so I must recommend them.

• Like 1

Yes it is perfectly understandable. THe OP considers his english is perfect so he thinks they should have said: "For missing a flight.", His actual understanding of English is so poor he refuses to consider that to miss the flight the flight must have been and gone. If the flight has been cancelled it is missing so the english is quite correct.

Edited by harrry

Actually the verbiage is quite amusing

"Due to weather conditions or VIP movement during the season, may cause of the delayed. Please provide the connecting flight not less than 3 hours for traveling to other airlines. We are not responsible for any missing flights.

laugh.png

Edited by paz

Yes it is perfectly understandable. THe OP considers his english is perfect so he thinks they should have said: "For missing a flight.", His actual understanding of English is so poor he refuses to consider that to miss the flight the flight must have been and gone. If the flight has been cancelled it is missing so the english is quite correct.

Pedantry at its finest. However next time you wish to lecture someone on their poor English it might carry a little more weight if you were to learn that English is a proper noun and must always be capitalised.

That aside, your reply is a pile of horse manure as it is quite obvious from the context that this was not relating to cancelled flights as Kan Air do accept responsibility for flight cancellations.

9.2 Cancellation, Changes of Schedules: At any time after a booking has been made we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:

(a) Carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking.

(Should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom.

9.2.1 Connecting Time: If a delay or cancellation/reschedule of our flight causes you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a confirmed booking, you are entitled to the following: If your flight is delayed at the point of origin

i. A free move to the next available flight that connects to the final destination within our Connecting Time. If your subsequent flight is delayed.

Edited by roamer

Me thinks OP is confused and lacks understanding that domestic airline in a foreign non English speaking country does not have to post anything in English, but if they chose to do so was more a favor to people like OP.

• Like 1

Me thinks OP is confused and lacks understanding that domestic airline in a foreign non English speaking country does not have to post anything in English, but if they chose to do so was more a favor to people like OP.

Oh I see. In Thailand English is not needed for the airline industry, just like at the fried chicken stand (actually I know of a girl working at one that could teach English to various people I know).

Oh I see. In Thailand English is not needed for the airline industry, just like at the fried chicken stand (actually I know of a girl working at one that could teach English to various people I know).

Do tell why a regional airline would need English?rolleyes.gif

Who cares about girl you know working in friend chicken?blink.png

Airline caters to domestic market for Thai people,i am certain an occasional expat is not their main source of income or concern.

Really beyond me, why some people are so arrogant to believe the whole entire world should speak and cater for their language.

• Like 1

Airline caters to domestic market for Thai people,i am certain an occasional expat is not their main source of income or concern.

Really beyond me, why some people are so arrogant to believe the whole entire world should speak and cater for their language.

Because English is the international airline language, in a country where tourism is a primary industry.

And then torture to any language is an act of ignorant arrogance, of the same kind of yours when defending it.

Because English is the international airline language, in a country where tourism is a primary industry.

And then torture to any language is an act of ignorant arrogance, of the same kind of yours when defending it.

Let me try again. This is a domestic airline, it is for local people.

It is NOT an international airline

Let's cut it short, you and those that turn themselves into clowns by writing in a language that they don't know are right. Now you should be happy and everybody can go back to what we were doing before.

Let's cut it short, you and those that turn themselves into clowns by writing in a language that they don't know are right. Now you should be happy and everybody can go back to what we were doing before.

That is about as intelligent as your notion that every country and business should speak Englishthumbsup.gif