TAT plans 'Thainess Year'

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great thing about this is the promotion of Thai "beauty" products, which are often natural herb creations which are wonderful. If there is anything I have learned to love that is pure about Thailand, it is their abundance of herbs and their creativity in making herbal soaps, shampoos, beauty lotions and such. This should be spread worldwide because there would be many buyers for these products.

Don't use 'Thainess', you'll scare folks away. Then again I guess the rest of the world don't know what it means. :o

Not hard to believe since even Thais dont know what it means except as an excuse

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

make it easy to stay 6 months. Allow bars to stay open to 4am. Have a small visible presence of tourist police - serve and protect.

that is all that is needed to get tourism back to normal. Closing bars at midnight in tourist areas will decrease the amount of oney flowing into thailand significantly

Qick note to TAT: most people come to thailand because they have been here before. that means - get things back to the way they were is the first step - and let the world know thailand is back to 'normL'.

I am wondering who at the TAT offices comes up with so bright ideas everytime ........ While I see the very good campaign done by Malaysia ..... Thainess means nothing .... and how can you predict following thisd campaign that 29 millions tourists will visit ???? from the hocus pocus spirits ?

They have not come up with a decent campaign since "Amazing Thailand" which they usually revert to after all the other useless attempts. And it's a fantastic slogan in that is correct in just so many ways!

A post violating forum rules has been removed from view, along with a few associated replies. Apologies to the member with the appropriate reply.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Note to TAT boys: Careful with this word "Thainess". It's getting a bit worn thin now and has always come over as a bit pompous. Yes, being Thai is unique. Beautiful culture, beautiful people. But no more unique than other cultures around the world. A word of caution, in the last 30 years Thai culture has been turned on its head. Thais are losing their Thainess rapidly. The most striking examples, (1) loss of respect for community, others, the elderly, other road users. (2) Greed and corruption, they run hand in hand. Greed can be expressed in so many ways, mostly indirectly. Now days a bunch of school girls will walk you off the footpath without batting an eyelid, even the Thai elderly. The "Thai Smile" is not as prevalent as it used to be. That is what I miss most.

Please Mr. TAT concentrate on preserving Thai culture, not serving a fake edition of it up on a platter for tourist consumption. And remember who the tourist of the future will be, for they don't give a damn.

• Like 1

'Thainess Year'

May I suggest the female promotion team to wear green, the colour of fashion this year. Looks as real 'thainess' with short skirts.

Looking forward to the next year calendars on Thainess from TAT.

PS wonder what Nok Air will come with for their 10th year anniversary. One may hope rolleyes.gif

You kill happy hour, beer girls, etc., then it doen't matter how much "Thainess" you throw at it, people won't come here. Have I mentioned how this time next year I will be living in Dominican Republic due to all the shennanigans going on here? RIP tourism!

Edited by quandow

"The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has been granted a budget of Bt6 billion for the 2015 fiscal year, a 6-per-cent increase from the 2014 budget. The ministry had earlier proposed Bt8 billion. However, it can ask for extra funding if faces an unforeseen crisis.

The budget will be used at several key organisations: TAT, the Sports Authority of Thailand, and the ministry itself."

Well we can rest on our laurels that the very latter will occur.... budget = ministry itself, in almost all cases.

Thailand has to look at the type of people it attracts, backpackers, Avnt got a pot to piss in, family's, couples, don't want to spend fuk all coz there only here for cheap hotels, food, 50 baht tee shirts and a couple of wooden elephants, and two week millionaires who plough there 2 grand they bring in to the brass industry and most of their money ends up in the arse pocket tax free of some bargirl...

TAT does not and never has had control over who visits The Kingdom. They are trying to predict the behavior of individuals from hundreds of countries across dozens of languages, cultures and reasons for coming to Thailand. It is a totally worthless entity designed to employ morons as a kind of stupidity welfare.

Edited by BudRight
  • Like 1

Don't use 'Thainess', you'll scare folks away. Then again I guess the rest of the world don't know what it means. ohmy.png

Absolutely right - how exactly does one put a positive spin on xenophobia, racism, false pride and total self-centredness?

Sadly I have to agree with you.

Many of the comments above lead me to believe that some TV posters were forced to come to Thailand while fleeing war-torn, impoverished countries, and have no other option than to endure the utter hardship and misery which Thailand has to offer. It's the only reason I can see for the inability of many to escape this "hell hole" and return to their homelands. Either that or a bunch of bitter old men have nothing better to do than put Thailand and Thais down in a sad effort to make themselves feel better.

Take the bad with the good and whichever one the scales tip in favor of (in your own mind) should be the deciding factor in the length of your stay.

Is Thailand perfect? No, and that's why many of us love it. Approaching 2 decades here and looking forward to many more.

'Looking forward to many more decades here' Somewhat optimistic.

Apology accepted Craig. I couldn't resist the temptation to reply to the post you removed.

Let's hope the poster has packed his bags and returned to Utopia already....

A post violating forum rules has been removed from view, along with a few associated replies. Apologies to the member with the appropriate reply.

• Like 1

I can't wait for TAT to start trying to quantify and explain Thainess.

I think a survey of the fundamentals could be canvassed on TV.

What are the most striking aspects of Thainess that make this wonderful country so completely unique.

I go with the smell of the drains round the back of Central Lad Prao. A niff that is so unique, it is not to be found anywhere else in the world.