Pattani roadside bomb attack kills a female teacher

webfact

Roadside bomb attack kills a female teacher

265122-imagejpeg-415459-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATTANI: -- A roadside bomb attack on a group of teachers riding on motorcycles and protecting by police killed a teacher and wounded two others.

The attack happened at about 8.00 a.m. on the road and near a bridge in Khok Pho district of Pattani.

While four teachers riding on motorcycles protected by police in a pickup truck and a motorcycle arrived near the bridge at Bang Kro village of Tambon Tha Rua, a roadside bomb was detonated.

Patimo Saemasae, 28, was killed and teacher Lamduan Chuduang, 55 and Pol Sr Sgt Maj Pradit Iamsri, 44, were injured.

They were admitted to Khok Pho Hospital where Mrs Patimo later died.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/roadside-bomb-attack-kills-female-teacher/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-28

It saddens me that young (as well as old) teachers who have taken the diffucult opportunity here to become educated, and give to children for such little in return, are so innocently taken away by hidden weaklings.

RIP young lady.

Such a sad and despicable taking of the life of another educator. Why, oh why, do they attack innocent teachers? :(

• Like 1

It saddens me that young (as well as old) teachers who have taken the diffucult opportunity here to become educated, and give to children for such little in return, are so innocently taken away by hidden weaklings.

RIP young lady.

Such a sad and despicable taking of the life of another educator. Why, oh why, do they attack innocent teachers? sad.png

In their way of thinking government school teachers represent Thai State cultural imperialism.

• Like 2

These alpha male Muslims...must be so proud of their killing innocent productive civilians...

When will Thailand...SERIOUSLY...tackle this problem...negotiations is like talking to a brick wall...

Take the fight to these criminals...become proactive...!

• Like 1

I hope the new Government take very seriously what it is happening in South Thailand, and get in offensive mode, with hard punishments to these groups before too late.

We often ask ourselves whether the three provinces : Narrathiwat, Yala and Pattani are still in Thailand?

This is what the military should be concentrating on instead of playing politics in Bangkok. If only they could quell the dissent in the south as readily as elsewhere.

This is also what politicians of ALL colours over the years should have been doing especially your heros lot. After all they had been in power under various names for about 13 of the last 20 years and all Thaksin achieved was to make it worse.

These alpha male Muslims...must be so proud of their killing innocent productive civilians...

When will Thailand...SERIOUSLY...tackle this problem...negotiations is like talking to a brick wall...

How?

Religion is the biggest killer - more than aids, any diseases , calamities, accident...

Not sure religion has anything to do with it, despite appearances. The root of this particular awfulness seems to be about who controls a region, and who dominates the society there.

We often justly pick on religion. But if it weren't for religion, it would probably be something else. The size of our noses, how we eat our kippers, or, oh yes-- the color of our skin. But at bottom, it's about who's the top dog, and who gets the spoils.

Edited by DeepInTheForest
  • Like 2

"Only those who view all Muslims guilty for the actions of the terrorist minority see this as valid and such islamaphobic, ignorant and intolerant views are contemptible in the extreme. As such they can be ignored as they would solve nothing.

But then again you know that's my stance. "

Well they certainly have plenty of opportunities to flee. And outright killing people wouldn't help, but if people who planted bombs like this knew they would be tracked down and killed, they might think otherwise. And if saying that makes me an Islamophobic bigot, does saying the opposite - that they shouldn't fight back with equal brutality - make you an Islamophilic terrorist sympathizer?

"Only those who view all Muslims guilty for the actions of the terrorist minority see this as valid and such islamaphobic, ignorant and intolerant views are contemptible in the extreme. As such they can be ignored as they would solve nothing.

Well they certainly have plenty of opportunities to flee. And outright killing people wouldn't help, but if people who planted bombs like this knew they would be tracked down and killed, they might think otherwise. And if saying that makes me an Islamophobic bigot, does saying the opposite - that they shouldn't fight back with equal brutality - make you an Islamophilic terrorist sympathizer?

Bit of a headscratcher.

Bluespunk said that those who view all Muslims guilty for the actions of the terrorist minority are islamophobic. That actually sounds pretty reasonable to me. You seem to be implying that he said something else. "If saying that makes me an Islamophobic bigot... " -- this is a straw man argument, in my view.

What does "they certainly have plenty of opportunities to flee" mean? Please clarify. I don't want to put words in your mouth, and the reader is left to guess at your meaning. You seem to be implying-- ah, but better to wait for your reply.

Edited by DeepInTheForest
  • Like 1

Ah, I love the partial quoting of a post by some to only present quotes that will fit their fallacies.

I have consistently made my views on terrorist scum and what they deserve. Most recently in a "debate" (for want of a better word) with you.

My views on your attitude are based on that "debate".

Edited by Bluespunk

Religion is the biggest killer - more than aids, any diseases , calamities, accident...

Religion, or any other belief, never killed anyone by itself to the best of my knowledge. It took the human element to kill.

RIP young lady.

Such a sad and despicable taking of the life of another educator. Why, oh why, do they attack innocent teachers? sad.png

In their way of thinking government school teachers represent Thai State cultural imperialism.

Whilst that is undoubtedly true, it is no justification.

I also think that the so called insurgents are testing the military government, and will continue to do so. Any lasting solution must be political. The stumbling block being that any such solution has been unacceptable to successive absolute monarchs, civillian governments of all political persuasions, and military dictators since the Sultanate of Pattini was annexed more than a century ago and there is every reason to think that the situation has not changed.

The situation is further complicated by the only likely acceptable and effective mediator being Saudi Arabia. For reasons we cannot discuss, Thailand either cannot, or is unwilling to, meet the requirements for Saudi involvement. So, this terrible cycle of violence will continue. The truly sad part is that a great many, if not the majority of, Thais don't care about it.

The Southern Muslims in Buddhist Thailand are in the wrong country. Please give them a chance to leave Thailand peacefully.

Hopefully, a referendum will eventually allow them to join Malaysia, a Muslim country. Then Buddhist Thai teachers could maybe stop dying.

Religion poisons everything.

I see the police are as good with their assignments in the south as they are in the rest of thailand. They need the armies help to do their jobs

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, too busy removing illegal deck chairs from beaches. Cops will have to face the terrorists.

Yeah that's it, take the fight to them, just like Thaksin did, and we all know how that turned out.

• Like 1

The Southern Muslims in Buddhist Thailand are in the wrong country. Please give them a chance to leave Thailand peacefully.

Hopefully, a referendum will eventually allow them to join Malaysia, a Muslim country. Then Buddhist Thai teachers could maybe stop dying.

Religion poisons everything.

What an uninformed post.

• Like 1

"Bit of a headscratcher.

Bluespunk said that those who view all Muslims guilty for the actions of the terrorist minority are islamophobic. That actually sounds pretty reasonable to me. You seem to be implying that he said something else. "If saying that makes me an Islamophobic bigot... " -- this is a straw man argument, in my view."

No, not all Muslims, but ones who help conceal and otherwise give support to the problem ones aren't quite as innocent as you claim. Actually I thought precisely as you all seem to have previously, but now have a better understand ing.

"What does "they certainly have plenty of opportunities to flee" mean? Please clarify. I don't want to put words in your mouth, and the reader is left to guess at your meaning. You seem to be implying-- ah, but better to wait for your reply."

I'm implying that if you help conceal terrorists or criminals and end up dying while doing so, you're not so innocent. It would be interesting to see exactly how this is being fueled. Just like how Hamas is fueled by Iran, there are clearly bigger players in the picture than some brainwashed rubber tappers. Strange that you all seem to be more angered by the suggestion that jihadists should be given a suitable punishment (ie: sent to the 72 virgins) than by the death of the Thai teacher.