Non O Birmingham consulate

For Your Information BIRMINGHAM CONSULATE

Just today renewed my NON O MULTI ENTRY married to a Thai , needed 2 photos, form, Wifes Id card copy, My Passport, Copy of wedding cert and translated certified copy. £135

In and out in 10 minutes no problems, cannot do by post there anymore.

No need proof of income. Im 50

The man said they are turning away a lot of people now

The only thing I didnt like is there are no signs inside or out to say its a consulate, zilch nothing, could have been anywhere, looked like an airport lounge no signs about Thailand ,pics of King, nothing.

Edited by kannot

I was at the Hull consulate yesterday, trying to get a Non-O and they told me that the policy had changed, and that only London could give you a Non Immigrant O, and that the waiting time in London was 6 weeks to 2 months for return of postal applications, and 2-3 days for a personal visit by appointment.

They handed me a piece of paper quoting:-

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR APPLICANTS OF NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS

Visa applications by post should be sent to the Royal Thai Embassy in London.

Visa applications by hand can be submitted at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull between 09:30 and 16:00 Monday to Friday (except UK national holidays).

Tourist visas are usually processed within one hour. It is not necessary to arrange an appointment.

Certain Non Immigrant Visas must be approved by the Royal Thai Embassy in London before issue. This process usually takes 1-2 days.

It is no longer possible to provide the "while you wait" service for the issuance of such visas.
Therefore, to minimise inconvenience to applicants, please submit to us copies of the required documents at least 5 working days in advance.
We will contact you when approval has been given so that an appointment can be arranged for you to visit us with the original documents to enable us to
issue the visa into your passport.

They now require 3 month's of bank statements in addition to previous documents.

I had to settle for a triple entry 60-day tourist visa for £85

My question is:-

I have a flight booked 85 days into my visa (I was expecting a multi-entry 90 day visa), so can I obtain a 30-day extension on arrival at BKK?

Otherwise a visa trip to Jomptien is a 500km drive from my house in the jungle, and Laos is even further.

Your visa will is valid for 6 months from when it was issued. If you enter before it expires you will get a 60 day entry.

You can do the 30 day extension at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form. You don't have to go to Jomtien to do it.

I was at the Hull consulate yesterday, trying to get a Non-O and they told me that the policy had changed, and that only London could give you a Non Immigrant O, and that the waiting time in London was 6 weeks to 2 months for return of postal applications, and 2-3 days for a personal visit by appointment.

Visa applications by hand can be submitted at the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull between 09:30 and 16:00 Monday to Friday (except UK national holidays).

Tourist visas are usually processed within one hour. It is not necessary to arrange an appointment.

Certain Non Immigrant Visas must be approved by the Royal Thai Embassy in London before issue. This process usually takes 1-2 days.

It is no longer possible to provide the "while you wait" service for the issuance of such visas.

Therefore, to minimise inconvenience to applicants, please submit to us copies of the required documents at least 5 working days in advance.

We will contact you when approval has been given so that an appointment can be arranged for you to visit us with the original documents to enable us to

They now require 3 month's of bank statements in addition to previous documents.

I have a flight booked 85 days into my visa (I was expecting a multi-entry 90 day visa), so can I obtain a 30-day extension on arrival at BKK?

Otherwise a visa trip to Jomptien is a 500km drive from my house in the jungle, and Laos is even further.

what was the reason for your non o? mine was married to a Thai, no proof of income needed, in n out 10 minutes

Cardiff Consulate - yesterday (27 August)

Multi entry Non-imm O on grounds of marriage to Thai national. Age under 50.

Form, one photo, copy of wife's passport and marriage certificate (with translation) and 125 quid.

Left with visa 15 minutes after arriving.

I am married to a Thai girl 5 years, and produced a marriage cert, a spouse passport photocopy and bank statements for 3 months and a postal order for £125, and I'm over 65 with proof of pension.

Hull consulate said 'not good enough here for a non-immigrant O, go to London'

I now have a 60 day tourist visa and what I want to know is, can I get an instant 60 days + 30 day extension on arrival at BKK?

O.K.

I found the answer myself, here

All Thai visa changes, extensions, re-entry permits and other immigration requests are to be handled by the immigration offices in the districts in the districts of the foreigners’ residence. Please be advised that Immigration offices at international airports can handle such issues only in emergencies such as illness. This also covers the application for re-entry permits which were previously processed in airports but will now have to be obtained at the assigned Immigration Office of the foreigners’ district.

That's not what they say on their website

"With immediate effect all Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry visas cannot be issued on the same day, as we require authorisation from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. Once approval has been granted the visa will be issued."

http://www.thailand-visa.com/

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, note the date, 10 minutes from in to out 9am this morning 28th August

Edited by kannot

O.K.

I found the answer myself, here

All Thai visa changes, extensions, re-entry permits and other immigration requests are to be handled by the immigration offices in the districts in the districts of the foreigners’ residence. Please be advised that Immigration offices at international airports can handle such issues only in emergencies such as illness. This also covers the application for re-entry permits which were previously processed in airports but will now have to be obtained at the assigned Immigration Office of the foreigners’ district.

Thats IN Thailand not applicable to you, you should be able to get a non o married to a Thai without problem. Try Birmingham consulate next time

I am married to a Thai girl 5 years, and produced a marriage cert, a spouse passport photocopy and bank statements for 3 months and a postal order for £125, and I'm over 65 with proof of pension.

Hull consulate said 'not good enough here for a non-immigrant O, go to London'

I now have a 60 day tourist visa and what I want to know is, can I get an instant 60 days + 30 day extension on arrival at BKK?

You can get a 12 months extension of stay at immigration.

Not at the airport.

The 60 day tourist visa can be extended for 30 days at immigration, cost 1900 baht. You would normally go toward the end of you initial permission to stay. Toward the end of your 30 days, you can go to immigration and get another 60 day extension for :visiting your Thai family", cost 1900 baht. You will need copies of you passport and TM 6 form, Completed TM 7 form with one picture and a copy of your marriage certificate, your wife's ID and house book and your wife, no financials.

This is interesting, maybe something's changed. There is a new government after all.

I wonder if the London embassy couldn't handle or didn't want to handle all the paperwork. Waiting weeks for a visa isn't very good really is it ?

Edited by ukrules

Nothing has changed, they have always been available for a long time.. The Embassy has nothing to do with the extensions, they only issue the initial visa. Once here, you apply for the extensions at the immigration office responsible for the area where you are staying and each extension requires that you fill out a TM7 form and pay 1900baht.

"With immediate effect all Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry visas cannot be issued on the same day, as we require authorisation from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. Once approval has been granted the visa will be issued."

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, note the date, 10 minutes from in to out 9am this morning 28th August

I don't disbelieve you - just think they ought to decide what they're supposed to be doing. Are they only open till 12? I fancy getting a tourist visa rather than send my passport to London but I don't get out of bed at the crack of dawn biggrin.png

I don't disbelieve you - just think they ought to decide what they're supposed to be doing. Are they only open till 12? I fancy getting a tourist visa rather than send my passport to London but I don't get out of bed at the crack of dawn biggrin.png

I was told to get there not later than about 11 although they do close at 11.30 the reason was in case they need anything extra from you or are busy i suppose.

Re not believing, Im afraid thats what Thai visa website turns you into, i try to back up what i say with the proof, its also useful for anyone who needs up to date info.

No offence taken I just see so many bitter ( thats not true) buggers on herethumbsup.gif

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else got their multi entry non-o from Birmingham the same day recently? I'm married to a Thai and have all the required docs.

As a follow up.....

Went to Birmingham Thai Consulate today to apply for multi entry non-o. Handed over completed application form, two photos and copies of Thai wedding certificate and translation plus copy of wifeys id card. Walked out with the visa in less than 15 minutes at a cost of 135 pounds.

Chatting with the lady who handed over the visa she said a big meeting of Thai Immigration is due sometime in December adding that she had no idea of any possible policy changes regards visas.

• Like 1

After only getting a tourist visa from Hull, instead of my usual non-O, I made a trip to an immigration office to have my 60 day visa extended to 90 days.

The friendly immigration officer said 'psst psst would you like an instant 1 year non OA for 25000bt, no money in the bank', I declined, as I wondered

what my liability would be if she was caught and gave out the names of her clients.

I have had similar offers from more unscrupulous people of 15000bt, which involved losing sight of my passport.

There must be a lot of corrupt officials out there to allow this sort of thing to take place.

Looking at the pros and cons, is 25000bt a year reasonable or not, saving leaving 800k in the bank of neverland?

Given that the Birmingham and Cardiff consulates are both still issuing multi-entry non-O visas according to the OP & post #6, Hull seem to be paying the price for being naughty boys in the light of their previous track record of dishing out such visas to every Tom, Dick and Harry!

Edited by OJAS

The friendly immigration officer said 'psst psst would you like an instant 1 year non OA for 25000bt, no money in the bank', I declined, as I wondered

what my liability would be if she was caught and gave out the names of her clients.

I have had similar offers from more unscrupulous people of 15000bt, which involved losing sight of my passport.

There must be a lot of corrupt officials out there to allow this sort of thing to take place.

Looking at the pros and cons, is 25000bt a year reasonable or not, saving leaving 800k in the bank of neverland?

The usual price for that kind of illegality is lower than that, in some cases even around 10,000 Baht.