Thai teen killed after fight over karaoke song

webfact

Teen killed after fight over karaoke song
By Coconuts

karaoke_0.jpg?itok=XtUqBS4V

BANGKOK: -- A dispute over who got to sing a karaoke song first left a teen boy dead last night.

Witnesses say Anucha Thongyingyong, 19, was shot to death by another karaoke singer in Phetchaburi province after they came into conflict at a restaurant.

Anucha’s cousin Suchada Nhuunoi said she’d invited him to dinner at a karaoke restaurant near the crime scene, as he’d just arrived from Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

While dining, they sang a song called “Yaih Laem” together. Coincidentally, the group beside them had also requested the same song and claimed they’d requested it first.

An argument broke out and the suspected gunman, nicknamed Tum, left the restaurant.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/28/teen-killed-after-fight-over-karaoke-song

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-08-29

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the values and morals taught. Is this what Thainess is? Life is worth less than getting to sing a song first.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Face and not losing so with a firearm handy ... !

'The police are now looking to arrest the suspect identified as Worasit Saengaram, a 29 year-old local.'

They missed out the word "pyscho" at the end of that sentence.

now why do you think they missed the word "psycho" since its becoming more apparent that this behavior is qwite the norm

what a senseless death

• Like 2

RE: vast amount of visual diarrhoea squirting out of the Thai TV media sphinxter : Thai soap operas portraying baby faced gangsters and heros with semi-automatics having face- saving gunfights to address such karaoke/girlfriend disputes.

So what you are saying is that either you NEVER watched horror or phsyco movies or tv shows that had sex inuendo and violence which is why you never killed someone for such stupidity? Or, you believe it is worse on tv here and now? I think it has nothing to do with tv if the parents taught their kids value for others and for life. Something went wrong on the parental level which is why so many youths are violent here.

RIP-what a useless way to go.

if this is Thailand's future i am concerned to raise my child here.

It's so sad anyone has to think like this but perfectly understandable.

An acquaintance of mine riding his m/cycle home at night was surrounded by young Thai men on m/cycles who simply stared at him, as a very good Thai speaker he asked what the problem was etc and the Thais rode off.

Next day he told his Thai neighbour who made it clear he should not do that again as so many youngsters in Udon Thani are armed and he had taken a big chance by challenging them.

What a frightening thought.

• Like 1

'The police are now looking to arrest the suspect identified as Worasit Saengaram, a 29 year-old local.'

They missed out the word "pyscho" at the end of that sentence.

Or high on "ya bah", as I've only been reading of how much of the stuff is ploughed into Thai society, it's bound to make people vicious.

RE: vast amount of visual diarrhoea squirting out of the Thai TV media sphinxter : Thai soap operas portraying baby faced gangsters and heros with semi-automatics having face- saving gunfights to address such karaoke/girlfriend disputes.

So what you are saying is that either you NEVER watched horror or phsyco movies or tv shows that had sex inuendo and violence which is why you never killed someone for such stupidity? Or, you believe it is worse on tv here and now? I think it has nothing to do with tv if the parents taught their kids value for others and for life. Something went wrong on the parental level which is why so many youths are violent here.

What do parents teach their children ? Basic Thainess in how to wai, respect the Monarchy and Buddhisim and take care of us when you can earn money, other than that ... ?

Oh they do sign MOU's to stop street racing.

My conversation would go more like this:

Other group, "we requested this song first!"

Me, "that's funny cos I didn't request any F'in song!"

Other group, "mind if we sing it then?"

Me, "please go ahead, I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

Guess i'm just not Asian enough, Karaoke to me spells public humiliation and why people would wanna pay for it is way beyond me............

Karaoke is fantastic fun, for those who can sing and for those wannabees. You don't have to be Asian, only people who enjoy singing or want to try. Revolving door---try to find one.

This is a sad situation, I would suggest drink involved together with one or two bad words--hey presto--Thais cannot take it.

Forget the dinner vest, bring your bullet-proof vest and metal detector to dinner, clubs, 7-11's, bars, taxi rides, your own locks on the night trains to Bangkok.Reinforced car door panels ( I beeped a rude Thai blocking 2 lanes as he went into 7-11 and he kicked in my door and fender and I couldn't exit my vehicle to kick his ass because several others push my doors closed before the police came and waved me on and did nothiing to the Thai).

The people here in a general population area are more dangerous then my country of America.

• Like 1