Thai teen killed after fight over karaoke song

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP-what a useless way to go.

if this is Thailand's future i am concerned to raise my child here.

It's so sad anyone has to think like this but perfectly understandable.

An acquaintance of mine riding his m/cycle home at night was surrounded by young Thai men on m/cycles who simply stared at him, as a very good Thai speaker he asked what the problem was etc and the Thais rode off.

Next day he told his Thai neighbour who made it clear he should not do that again as so many youngsters in Udon Thani are armed and he had taken a big chance by challenging them.

What a frightening thought.

So asking what the problem is, is now a challenge?

By what logic, it seems the stare down was an active challenge.

But by not being aggressive, only asking in Thai what was the problem,

would seem a perfect response, since there seemed to be none,

and since he showed good Thai language and wasn't disrespectful they drove off.

I suspect they thought he was an interloper on their territory,

spy for another gang, or some mistaken identify issue.

When he clearly had no idea what they were on about they left.

Would stony silence have been more effective or safer?

Hard to see why.

Are you forgetting TIT ?

• Like 1

Their examples are every day on TV in popular soap series. People get impregnated with excessive violence whole day long on TV, not surprising they act it out...

What about American and european movies ???!!!! And reality show ? And video games ?

Come on ! Thai soap series are not worst than our "culture"...

These are the values and morals taught. Is this what Thainess is? Life is worth less than getting to sing a song first.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You could substitute most any nationality in this story. How is it related to Thainess?

Maybe more related to the TVF-ness of sweeping generalizations.

I once was subjected to a drunk Japanese tourist karaokeing Hank Williams at at a bar on Soi Cowboy. I still don't know what I would have done if I had been armed. But it probably would have ended badly for both of us.

My conversation would go more like this:

Other group, "we requested this song first!"

Me, "that's funny cos I didn't request any F'in song!"

Other group, "mind if we sing it then?"

Me, "please go ahead, I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

Guess i'm just not Asian enough, Karaoke to me spells public humiliation and why people would wanna pay for it is way beyond me............

Karaoke is fantastic fun, for those who can sing and for those wannabees. You don't have to be Asian, only people who enjoy singing or want to try. Revolving door---try to find one.

This is a sad situation, I would suggest drink involved together with one or two bad words--hey presto--Thais cannot take it.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess...... glad you enjoy it though, personally I don't know what's worse, doing it or suffering others doing it........

Doesn't Swampy Airport have revolving doors?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Me, "please go ahead, I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

Guess i'm just not Asian enough, Karaoke to me spells public humiliation and why people would wanna pay for it is way beyond me............

Karaoke is fantastic fun, for those who can sing and for those wannabees. You don't have to be Asian, only people who enjoy singing or want to try. Revolving door---try to find one.

This is a sad situation, I would suggest drink involved together with one or two bad words--hey presto--Thais cannot take it.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess...... glad you enjoy it though, personally I don't know what's worse, doing it or suffering others doing it........

My guess is you cannot sing, or fail miserably, fail to appreciate most people that enjoy singing, please note most of the worlds top singers get their first name to fame at Karaoke. Is it the name Karaoke that you dislike, or anyone singing, as many a song has lifted the hearts in wartime/elderly/infirm/kids/..... I would love to hear more people sing than those who want to cause problems in this world.

Sadly here is a case than went wrong, it happened to be at a Karaoke. Lighten up, go to one and sing " we are the world "

Ha Ha I was joking for you to find a revolving door (for your quote. " nuts ")thumbsup.gifgiggle.gif

These are the values and morals taught. Is this what Thainess is? Life is worth less than getting to sing a song first.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't be so stupid. There values and morals aren't taught. They just pick them up from USA.

My guess is you cannot sing, or fail miserably, fail to appreciate most people that enjoy singing, please note most of the worlds top singers get their first name to fame at Karaoke. Is it the name Karaoke that you dislike, or anyone singing, as many a song has lifted the hearts in wartime/elderly/infirm/kids/..... I would love to hear more people sing than those who want to cause problems in this world.

Sadly here is a case than went wrong, it happened to be at a Karaoke. Lighten up, go to one and sing " we are the world "

Your guess would be wrong, I actually can sing unlike 95%+ of the people I hear doing Karaoke. Maybe that's why I don't like it..........

Ha Ha I was joking for you to find a revolving door (for your quote. " nuts ")thumbsup.gifgiggle.gif

Perhaps he'd prefer Tchaikovsky's version of The Nutcracker?

• Like 1

The problem here is not the dispute, it's a KTV and there are girls and booze, so Thai (Asian) men get easily "confused". The problem is that he resorted to his gun.

What are the rules for gun ownership here anyway? I think if the authorities imposed a minimum requirement of IQ of 80 and D..k size of 4 inches (since inferiority complex leads to overcompensation), then 80% of potential Thai gun owners would not qualify and therefore we wouldn't have many of these senseless killings.

Edited by elzach
  • Like 1

Your guess would be wrong, I actually can sing unlike 95%+ of the people I hear doing Karaoke. Maybe that's why I don't like it..........

Guess you didn't like Les Dawson on the piano ?? (the Les Dawson TV show-UK)thumbsup.gif

Frank Sinatra's "My Way" is banned from Philippine karaoke bars, because it is a very difficult song to master and sing each note correctly. Philippines is the Land of Guns and they pride themselves on their singing skills. A combustible mix, therefore. When they get heckled by other drunken Philippinos whilst singing My Way, tempers flare and guns are pulled. Hence the ban.