Rigged Taxi Meter?

TacoHell

That is the new approved rate. No more black plate taxis supposedly now. There is an article on Phuket Wan about the Green Plate Taxis are going to have to take the back cue shack where the meter cabs were, while the meter taxis will be able to get the front cue and pick up anywhere in Phuket. The taxi war is on… We shall see what happens!

Edited by Jimi007

That is the new approved rate. No more black plate taxis supposedly now. There is an article on Phuket Wan about the Green Plate Taxis are going to have to take the back cue shack where the meter cabs were, while the meter taxis will be able to get the front cue and pick up anywhere in Phuket. The taxi war is on… We shall see what happens!

So all those people who rushed out to buy new cars, got yellow stickers & green plates are now left high & dry.

I recently saw a new Fortuner with metered taxi written on it.

This is one area that needs to be addressed, and that is the overall taxi scheme on Phuket. Green plates should be forced to install and use a meter, while the rates need to be adjusted downward. Without these two steps, nothing has been gained for consumers really, as the rates and collusion remain intact.

• Like 1

Get rid of green plate "taxis" metered taxis under contract of a true company not some thug organization. Commercial drivers license, insurance, regulations. Yeah Im dreaming. And lastly outlaw and ban tuk tuks in phuket forever

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The official meter cabs charge.....a flagfall of 50 baht, 50 baht for the first two kilometres, then 12 baht between 3-15 kilometres, and 10 baht per kilometer after that.

Phuket Airport to say Vijitt Resort Wiset Road Rawai is 45 kms.

Fare (no traffic waiting time) including 100 baht for airport pick up fee is 660 baht.

I always get charged 820 baht......I have always assumed that the difference though excessive was the waiting time getting through the Lotus Central debacle even late at night and the miscellaneous traffic red lights on the way.

Next time I will check the trip for waiting time.

The major shift towards metered taxis might come eventually once the tourists and locals learn how to use metered taxis in the beach towns.

Taxis learn that by offering multiple short trips, inside these towns, they can actually make good money. Tourists learn that it's a value of money to take a metered taxi from Kalim to Jungceylon.