California Superbike School

Gweiloman

• 2 weeks later...

was gonna say i would meet you up there but then saw the price,track days in uk are £120/95 depending weekend or weekday,no limits and focused events supply free instructors all day long that will follow you around and give guidance,I'm booked into snetterton mon 8th chris walker is there all day giving talks and guidance out on track,and snetterton again on 21st sept if you fancy doing any days let me know......

was gonna say i would meet you up there but then saw the price,track days in uk are £120/95 depending weekend or weekday,no limits and focused events supply free instructors all day long that will follow you around and give guidance,I'm booked into snetterton mon 8th chris walker is there all day giving talks and guidance out on track,and snetterton again on 21st sept if you fancy doing any days let me know......

Due to the fact that I have to try and accommodate such instruction days around my own travelling schedule, I don't have the flexibility that you have. I will be attending the course for two days, Levels 1 and 2 and it's costing me around Gbp 1500 in total. If I come away with one new item of knowledge that may save my life one day, I would consider it money well spent :)

• Like 1

wow fairplay to you you are obviously gonna learn a lot from it and it will definitely make you a better rider ,its a very popular coarse thats for sure,i have met a few people that have mentioned they had done it but i wasn't even aware of what it really was then, so didn't enquire about it anymore.

report back and let us know how it all went and of coarse have fun on it too.

you using their bikes or do you have a bike over here.

just looking at there website they have 1199 & 899 panigale that they hire to you at the price you have paid i take it you are using there bikes nicebiggrin.png

Edited by taninthai

Due to the fact that I have to try and accommodate such instruction days around my own travelling schedule, I don't have the flexibility that you have. I will be attending the course for two days, Levels 1 and 2 and it's costing me around Gbp 1500 in total. If I come away with one new item of knowledge that may save my life one day, I would consider it money well spent smile.png

Nice man!

1500 BP is although a big money still as you said even if it save your life and bike once, it is OK.

So, what will they teach you there exactly?

wow fairplay to you you are obviously gonna learn a lot from it and it will definitely make you a better rider ,its a very popular coarse thats for sure,i have met a few people that have mentioned they had done it but i wasn't even aware of what it really was then, so didn't enquire about it anymore.

report back and let us know how it all went and of coarse have fun on it too.

you using their bikes or do you have a bike over here.

just looking at there website they have 1199 & 899 panigale that they hire to you at the price you have paid i take it you are using there bikes nicebiggrin.png

Yes, I'm using all their stuff including equipment rental as I don't want to lug everything there and back. I am renting the 899 as I reckon that this would be more than sufficient for my needs. I'm doing Levels 1 and 2 and neither of these are about riding fast.

As you can tell from their website and various YouTube videos, this is quite different from other trackdays with instruction. This is actually a schoolday with some track time thrown in :)

Due to the fact that I have to try and accommodate such instruction days around my own travelling schedule, I don't have the flexibility that you have. I will be attending the course for two days, Levels 1 and 2 and it's costing me around Gbp 1500 in total. If I come away with one new item of knowledge that may save my life one day, I would consider it money well spent smile.png

Nice man!

1500 BP is although a big money still as you said even if it save your life and bike once, it is OK.

Each level is a complete and integrated package of technical skills. The levels are not structured according to a rider’s experience or ability and all students begin at Level 1. We provide a logical, step-by-step structured approach for you to achieve your riding goals, broken down into easily understood, bite sized chunks. We will help you define those goals and provide you with the tools to make progress towards them. This is not PR or hype, we guarantee it and we’re the only school that does.

Level 1

Level 1 addresses the six most common errors that riders make and why. You will realise exactly how they have stopped or slowed your own improvement as a rider. There will be a technical briefing for each one, including on and off track drills that put you in control of them and your assigned coach for the day will observe and correct any difficulties you are having with each drill. You will be coached as an individual according to your skill level and you will improve.

Confidence and control are shattered when riders experience vague fears about turn entry speed, finding good lines, bike stability and their own rider-induced errors. These fears and uncertainties are addressed and replaced with confident and precise bike control.

Level 2

Once an understanding is achieved of what a motorcycle can and should do for you from the Level 1 drills, we move on step-by-step to sharpen the visual skills. Level 2 is all about solutions to problems we face with our eyes.

The school’s visual drills put you in control of the road. We define our visual enemies and how to overcome them. Everyone knows that target fixation is dangerous and with our logical procedures, your eyes become precision instruments. The results of Level 2 are amazing. Riders lose their claustrophobia in corners and gain the freedom to really use the roads they ride.

As with Level 1, there are five technical briefings and five track sessions during the day.

• Like 1

Nice man!

Each level is a complete and integrated package of technical skills. The levels are not structured according to a rider’s experience or ability and all students begin at Level 1. We provide a logical, step-by-step structured approach for you to achieve your riding goals, broken down into easily understood, bite sized chunks. We will help you define those goals and provide you with the tools to make progress towards them. This is not PR or hype, we guarantee it and we’re the only school that does.

Level 1

Level 1 addresses the six most common errors that riders make and why. You will realise exactly how they have stopped or slowed your own improvement as a rider. There will be a technical briefing for each one, including on and off track drills that put you in control of them and your assigned coach for the day will observe and correct any difficulties you are having with each drill. You will be coached as an individual according to your skill level and you will improve.

Confidence and control are shattered when riders experience vague fears about turn entry speed, finding good lines, bike stability and their own rider-induced errors. These fears and uncertainties are addressed and replaced with confident and precise bike control.

Level 2

Once an understanding is achieved of what a motorcycle can and should do for you from the Level 1 drills, we move on step-by-step to sharpen the visual skills. Level 2 is all about solutions to problems we face with our eyes.

The school’s visual drills put you in control of the road. We define our visual enemies and how to overcome them. Everyone knows that target fixation is dangerous and with our logical procedures, your eyes become precision instruments. The results of Level 2 are amazing. Riders lose their claustrophobia in corners and gain the freedom to really use the roads they ride.

As with Level 1, there are five technical briefings and five track sessions during the day.

man, this sounds great!

Envy you mofo!

Please keep what they teach in your mind and tell us once you are backbiggrin.png

Edited by ll2