Tarit shrugs off court decision to reject case against Abhisit, Suthep

Lite Beer

I don't think the topic is about Thaksin.It's about the alleged crimes of Abhisit and Suthep and the unlikelihood they will ever be held accountable for the murder of innocent civilians.Interesting that the relatives of the nurse that was murdered by the army have recently been arrested for seeking justice and accountability.Even the most bone headed quisling must wonder whether the Junta has its public relations finely tuned given this debacle.

Actually the topic is "Tarit shrugs off court decision to reject case against Abhisit, Suthep".

BTW I like you're crummy English, learned it while studying in Cambridge I guess? Your

"alleged crimes of Abhisit and Suthep and the unlikelihood they will ever be held accountable for the murder of innocent civilians"

starts with "alleged" and continues with the suggestion that they should be held accountable for murders. Almost as if you do not believe in their innocence, as if the charge of "premeditated murder as private citizens" can only be the correct charge.

Anyway, Tarit who was only the 'secretary' in the CRES and had absolutely no say in things shrugs off the court decision. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to cooperate with the NACC if necessary as also he wants to see 'justice' done.

Apparently I was wrong.Some boneheaded quislings remain boneheaded.

Now you're defaming k. Tarit

"A quisling (/ˈkwɪzlɪŋ/; Norwegian pronunciation: [ˈkʋɪsˈlɪŋ]) is a person who collaborates with an enemy occupying force.[1][2] The word originates from the Norwegian war-time leader Vidkun Quislingwho was the head of a domestic Nazicollaborationist regime during the Second World War."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quisling

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did someone roll over a large stone - what a horrible man

That's no way to describe Abhisit, or Suthep for that matter.They may have blood on their hands but this need to be determined or otherwise in the courts.There must be a presumption of innocence until proved guilty.

But I appreciatre your disgust and revulsion at the deaths of many innocent civilians.

Not only should there be a presumption of innocence until proved guilty, there should also be sufficient competence in those laying charges to bring the case to the appropriate court for rapid decision. As the AG and Tarit are assumed to be intelligent men, or at least have staff to advise them, can we assume the use of an inappropriate venue was a delaying tactic so that the charges could be used as a smear against the accused for as long as possible? And as neither have anything to gain from that, that is was done at the behest of others, in return for some consideration?

Ah yes the hand of Thaksin at work again.Strange how these fantasies occupy the minds of some more than the fates of innocents mown down in the street.

Unlike your fantasies about Abhisit and Suthep.

All those videos showing the criminal fugitive inciting his minions and the old AG said couldn't prosecute him as he was out of the country when he committed the offences.

The financier, instigator, manipulator and controller of the insurrection should be held accountable - he had the most to gain, gained the most and lost nowt. And some of those who did his bidding are still rotting in jail despite 3 years of his government through his sister as it doesn't suit his agenda to release them.

You may well see them as fantasies, like the ones that promote Thaksin as honest,caring, man of the people - which he has proven he's not.

I don't think the topic is about Thaksin.It's about the alleged crimes of Abhisit and Suthep and the unlikelihood they will ever be held accountable for the murder of innocent civilians.Interesting that the relatives of the nurse that was murdered by the army have recently been arrested for seeking justice and accountability.Even the most bone headed quisling must wonder whether the Junta has its public relations finely tuned given this debacle.

First things first. Thiose innocent civilians were paid.

Now the charges against Abhist and Suthep were made in order to force them into giving Thaksin an amnesty for all his crimes.

Gives us all a chance to see the kind of men we are dealing with.

Abhist and Suthep say they are innocent and ready to go to court on it.

Thaksin denies every thing and hides in the sand behind his sisters skirt.wai.gif

No need to thank me fort educating you. It was a privilege.smile.png

• Like 1

The question that needs to be answered is: Are they accountable for the murder of innocent civilians?

Shouldn't it be first determined who killed these innocent civilians? Then, if it was the army that killed them, were they following direct orders that came down from Abhisit and Suthep?

Just because Abhisit and Suthep gave the ok for the soldiers to be armed with live ammunition, doesn't make them murderers. Soldiers were being attacked by protesters armed with military weapons. Do you think the soldiers should have dealt with those attacks with riot shields and water cannons?

Yes, some unarmed protesters were killed by the army. That doesn't make the people that allowed them to be armed with live ammunition guilty of murder. If it did, every police chief, police minister, and PM in the world would be in jail for murder.

The question that needs to be answered is: Are they accountable for the murder of innocent civilians?

Shouldn't it be first determined who killed these innocent civilians? Then, if it was the army that killed them, were they following direct orders that came down from Abhisit and Suthep?

Just because Abhisit and Suthep gave the ok for the soldiers to be armed with live ammunition, doesn't make them murderers. Soldiers were being attacked by protesters armed with military weapons. Do you think the soldiers should have dealt with those attacks with riot shields and water cannons?

Yes, some unarmed protesters were killed by the army. That doesn't make the people that allowed them to be armed with live ammunition guilty of murder. If it did, every police chief, police minister, and PM in the world would be in jail for murder.

A reasonable post and I would not argue against it.Some of the comments on this thread defending Abhisit and Suthep have been dishonest and even unhinged - so it's welcome to see rationality ( even though I might question some details )

Incidentally the Criminal Court dismissal of the case was not unanimous indicating there was a good argument that it should have been heard.The NACC has of course no experience of this kind of case - so the reality is they are off the hook.

A reasonable post and I would not argue against it.Some of the comments on this thread defending Abhisit and Suthep have been dishonest and even unhinged - so it's welcome to see rationality ( even though I might question some details )

Incidentally the Criminal Court dismissal of the case was not unanimous indicating there was a good argument that it should have been heard.The NACC has of course no experience of this kind of case - so the reality is they are off the hook.

Either Abhisit and Suthep were the PM / DPM, in which case they shouldn't have been charged as ordinary civilians, or they were ordinary civilians and they couldn't have given orders for the army to be armed with live ammunition.

I would like to see the argument that they should have been tried as ordinary civilians.

Even IF the decision that the criminal court shouldn't hear the case wasn't unanimous, that still doesn't mean that giving the order for the soldiers to be armed makes them guilty of murder.

There is a big gap between giving orders to protect yourself to giving orders to kill unarmed people.

Edited by whybother

Either Abhisit and Suthep were the PM / DPM, in which case they shouldn't have been charged as ordinary civilians, or they were ordinary civilians and they couldn't have given orders for the army to be armed with live ammunition.

I would like to see the argument that they should have been tried as ordinary civilians.

Even IF the decision that the criminal court shouldn't hear the case wasn't unanimous, that still doesn't mean that giving the order for the soldiers to be armed makes them guilty of murder.

Has there been any progress determining A and S's motive for wanting those exact persons killed? This premeditated murder charge of course means the victims were selected. Funny, because logic suggests that had the increasingly violent mob hell bent on installing a familial dictatorship not been behaving like lunatics, none of them would have gotten hurt. Any evidence for Tarit's claims, other than the widely accepted amnesty leverage?

Edited by jaidam