Where can I buy a Meyer lemon tree in Chiangmai ?

mhortig

I am going to Chiangmai and want to buy a Meyer lemon. I will go to the Kamthieng market. Does anybody know if there are any shops there that sell the Meyer lemon seedling? If so I would appreciate its approcimate location in the market. Other than Kamthieng are there any other places I might find one?.

I live in Phitsanulok and we have a smaller garden market where I was sold a " lemon tree". After a long time it turned out to be a citron, not a lemon, and except for the skin they are not very useful-little meat and very sweet and bland..

I have never seen any lemons in Thailand.

If youre dead set on it you could try growing your own from seed.

The best thing I bought at Kamtieng are Tahiti Lime.

Small tree, big producer, juicy, no seeds.

I have bought YELLOW lemon trees at Kamthieng Matket. Started with one now have over 20. You have to ask as they go very quick. Also when you have an established tree you can graft from it and transplant which we do. As for other location most of these trees are brought up from the BK area. The south central area of Thailand if you travel is a good source for nurseries that would be north of BK.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

Kamthieng Market area GPS18.8056494713, 98.9974694723 if memory service me right. Wife bought them there at 250 to 4510 baht each.

I have never seen Meyer lemons at Kamtieng or anywhere else for that matter. These the large roundish ones that are more orange in colour and edible like an orange. Completely different from the yellow Lisbon lemons, which are essential for a good gin and tonic smile.pngtongue.png
  • Like 1

Kamthieng Market area GPS18.8056494713, 98.9974694723 if memory service me right. Wife bought them there at 250 to 4510 baht each.

I have never seen Meyer lemons at Kamtieng or anywhere else for that matter. These the large roundish ones that are more orange in colour and edible like an orange. Completely different from the yellow Lisbon lemons, which are essential for a good gin and tonic smile.pngtongue.png

Actually your correct. They are Spanish lemons.

post-157194-0-56059900-1409388645_thumb.post-157194-0-59306800-1409388701_thumb.