Limit On Tourit Visa Renewal

Has anyone heard of the '30 day visa limit' rumor? I heard that you're only allowed 6 30 day visa-on-arrivals in a row? If you cross the bridge regularly and exceed six crossings, they apparently have the right to stamp no further stay in your passport. I believe you then have to leave the country for 6 months before you can enter again.

Maybe it's just a rumor, or could it be fact? Anyone know any different?

Has anyone heard of the '30 day visa limit' rumor? I heard that you're only allowed 6 30 day visa-on-arrivals in a row? If you cross the bridge regularly and exceed six crossings, they apparently have the right to stamp no further stay in your passport. I believe you then have to leave the country for 6 months before you can enter again.

Maybe it's just a rumor, or could it be fact? Anyone know any different?

I don't believe there is any official limit but a number of people have reported being told 'next time go elsewhere' by assorted border posts. I'm not aware of anyone actually being denied entry though.

Remember the immigration chap has the right to deny you re-entry (and to stamp you as Persona-non-gratia) if you do anything to upset him (I suppose having a string of 30 day stamps could annoy the man). There's a thread somewhere regarding a chap who got stamped as PNG for calling the immigration chap an @rsehole when paying his overstay fine, plonker!

Usual rules apply, look reasonably smart (have shave and a shower), smile, be polite, blah blah!! Make sure you have the required 10k Baht, just in case the man asks. You know the score.

Of course, if you get a proper visa (not difficult) you will have few problems :o:)

EDIT: Sorry Ray, the words 'grandma' and 'suck eggs' spring to mind [just noticed your membership stats]. Stock newbie answer :D

and no, I've not heard any reports of an 'official' position on multiple 30 day entries.

Edited by Crossy