Why Do You Like Living in Thailand?

strabel23

I m very happy in thailand. I know I can live simply and spend the day of experiencing things than buying things.

this is the reason why I do not want spend money on an elite visa because I have lot of fun to travel around even for visa run. and it's much cheaper at the end.

in faranglands, I depress, it s boring and everything cost so much.

example, I want a good breakfast with ham, bean,... I can get it for cheap in Thailand (100 to 150 bahts)

in Europe , good luck to get a breakfast for 4 bucks....I just get a coffee.

Edited by VIPinthailand

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I m very happy in thailand. I know I can live simply and spend the day of experiencing things than buying things.

this is the reason why I do not want spend money on an elite visa because I have lot of fun to travel around even for visa run. and it's much cheaper at the end.

example, I want a good breakfast with ham, bean,... I can get it for cheap in Thailand (100 to 150 bahts)

150 baht is 5 bucks!!

150 baht is 5 bucks!!

yeh the cheap english breakfasts are nice every now and then but i cant resist an 8 baht tom yum flavoured mama from 7/11 followed by a big cold leo.

Edited by keetoot

150 baht is 5 bucks!!

yeh the cheap english breakfasts are nice every now and then but i cant resist an 8 baht tom yum flavoured mama from 7/11 followed by a big cold leo.

you should try the THB 99 breakfasts

Place here sells 'energy breakfast' for 30 B. Looks like simple white rice congee with ground up pork. What could go wrong with that? I'd never pay 150-200 B for a breakfast in Thailand. And totally worthless is the 100 B cup of iced coffee offered at Starbux, and other shops.

In America I don't even bother chat up a female. It's as if I don't even exist to them. I get to Thailand and the girls are all over me. It's an upside down world.

You know why you're getting

attention in Thailand? it's

because you're perceived to

have money. You know why

you get nothing in America?

It's because you're lazy and

don't make the effort to

appeal to them. That's a

reflection on you rather than

the American women

In my experience of being in the west, girls are brought up to think of all men as bad and stupid- just look at the tv ads that make men look like morons and the shows that portray men as evil rapists and mass murderers ( Criminal Minds is a classic example ).

It takes a lot of money, nice car and a big house to pursuade them that you are worth more than a passing glance, let alone become a sexual parrtner, then the first thing that goes wrong in their mind, like you even look at another woman, and you are history.

I worked with hundreds of women in my job, so I do know something about it. The Philipinas that I worked with were always far more friendly than the white women.

My experience was completely

the opposite. You only have to

listen to the way men on this

forum talk about women to

understand why so many of

them did so spectacularly

badly with them back home.

Like I say, I worked with hundreds ( thousands ) of women for over 20 years in my job. You might be surprised if you knew what women really think about men. Personally, I take people as individuals now, not as a gender, as some really bad women out there.

I am not denying that there are bad men out there too, but I was responding to Yeah Siam's statement on women.

Looks like simple white rice congee with ground up pork. What could go wrong with that?

It might not be pork, it might be dog or rat, it could be raw, you could get Trichinosis and die ?

Maybe the rice is from the government stash of spoiled rice, full of bacteria and rat urine/faeces and you could get leptospirosis, or HPS and die

Well you did ask...gigglem.gif

Place here sells 'energy breakfast' for 30 B. Looks like simple white rice congee with ground up pork. What could go wrong with that? I'd never pay 150-200 B for a breakfast in Thailand. And totally worthless is the 100 B cup of iced coffee offered at Starbux, and other shops.

I like the cat poop coffee. I forget the name. Great stuff and I don't mind paying a bit extra for it. Someone more knowledgeable than I can explain it. I just ask the lady for cat poop coffee in Thai and she knows what I mean.biggrin.png

I like the cat poop coffee. I forget the name. Great stuff and I don't mind paying a bit extra for it. Someone more knowledgeable than I can explain it. I just ask the lady for cat poop coffee in Thai and she knows what I mean.biggrin.png

Is that the coffee Jack Nicholson liked in "The Bucket List"?

100 baht for a breakfast?

My God... You are spending without counting ;)

Your largesse certainly helps the Thai economy a lot :)

Many live on 30 baht breakfasts :)

But most don't, of course...

100 baht for a breakfast?

My God... You are spending without counting wink.png

Your largesse certainly helps the Thai economy a lot smile.png

Many live on 30 baht breakfasts smile.png

But most don't, of course...

If by that you mean most pay less than 30 baht for breakfast, I agree with you.

Ever thought of making your own breakfast? That's real cheap even back home. Pity they don't make decent bacon in Thailand though. Can't stand that stringy stuff with loads of fat that they sell here.

Is that the coffee Jack Nicholson liked in "The Bucket List"?

That's great. I never knew the name. Thanks.