Pattaya Police Hold Meeting With Executives of Pattaya Department Stores

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Hold Meeting With Executives of Pattaya Department Stores

2186.jpg

PATTAYA – August 29, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province, Pol.Col. Supphathee Boonkhrong (Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police Station; Acting Superintendent of Pattaya city police station), Pol.Lt.Col. Chinnawat Srisawat (Deputy Superintendent), Pol.Maj. Jetsadawit Inpraphat (Traffic Inspector) together with Mr. Surat Mekhawarakul (Chairman of The Executive Board) of Mike Group Affiliate and representatives of Central Festival Pattaya Beach attended a meeting to sign an agreement about how to solve traffic problems within each department store.

Pol.Col. Supphathee said that they need to solve the traffic problems in front of 3 department stores which consist of Mike Shopping Mall, Central Festival Pattaya Beach Department Store and Royal Garden Plaza. They plan to put in an electronic system that tells the drivers which floor has a vacant parking space.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/pattaya-police-hold-meeting-executives-pattaya-department-stores/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-08-31

That new parking system is already in place at Central Festival. The bigger problem is all the baht buses and taxis parking right out front blocking traffic.

they should restrict baht buses to a single lane, that would solve 50% of all congestion problems on beach road and second road.

another 25% would be solved by banning large buses from these 2 streets.

Edited by manarak

"They plan to put in an electronic system that tells the drivers which floor has a vacant parking space."

I was at Central Festival around 1530 yesterday and the new 'electronic system' was non-functioning, inoperative, broken. A security dude (on the 2nd level) told me it worked for about 30 minutes before crapping out.

I paid him 20 baht, he pulled aside one of the hundreds of empty 'reserved for Hilton Hotel guests' barriers and I had a parking space.

Problem solved tongue.png

"They plan to put in an electronic system that tells the drivers which floor has a vacant parking space."

I was at Central Festival around 1530 yesterday and the new 'electronic system' was non-functioning, inoperative, broken. A security dude (on the 2nd level) told me it worked for about 30 minutes before crapping out.

I saw it (apparently) working over several days. But it's a fairly pointless expense anyway as to find an empty space you usually just need to go up a few floors. Thais like to all park hemmed in next to each other on the lower floors. They like to all crowd in to the same area on beaches and in restaurants also. Bonkers.