M.O.E. Document Validity = 2 Weeks From Issue

Currently waiting for my M.O.E. document by EMS outside Thailand and wonder how long the document is valid for to get the first leg of the non-ed 1-year visa....(well one year in theory now you have to report every 3 months !)

Is it 2 weeks from date of issue ?

Right, I thought I had a 2-week validity window on the document after it has been issued by MOE, in which time I need to go to the consulate or its validity would expire....

EMS is just being slow as donkeys and I want to get some travel in before heading back out of Laos....stuck twiddling my thumbs 6 days since it was sent.

Currently waiting for my M.O.E. document by EMS outside Thailand and wonder how long the document is valid for to get the first leg of the non-ed 1-year visa....(well one year in theory now you have to report every 3 months !)

You will have to extend every 90 days, not just report. Each extension cost Bt. 1,900

You will have to extend every 90 days, not just report. Each extension cost Bt. 1,900

Yep, knew that thanks. But as long as my MOE application paper is good for more than 2 weeks from date of issue then I'm fine.

Slow EMS has messed up my travel plans a bit and tracking update said 'I requested later delivery'....nonsense !

So there is not a limit on the MOE document as such as I originally asked but there IS a limit on the application for the total visa process to get the ed visa first leg stamp.

So in effect there is a time limit on these ed visa applications....just thought I'd add this into the thread in case someone reads it later and thinks there is no time limit to get their visa judging by the MOE documentation.

Obvious to some, but not to others.....like me !

• 1 month later...

So there is not a limit on the MOE document as such as I originally asked but there IS a limit on the application for the total visa process to get the ed visa first leg stamp.

So in effect there is a time limit on these ed visa applications....just thought I'd add this into the thread in case someone reads it later and thinks there is no time limit to get their visa judging by the MOE documentation.

Obvious to some, but not to others.....like me !

1. So, no time limit on the required documents from MOE to apply for a new ED-visa. Meaning, one can go with 2 month old documents without problems to apply for it at embassy?

2. Not sure what is meant by "limit on the application for the total visa process to get ed visa first leg stamp"? Could you explain that shortly, please?