SmartPhone ?

Traxster

Greetings.....

I don't know if TV has a computer/smartphone forum or not,I certainly couldn't find ...

Sooo.....I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 and am wanting to know how can un-install the

Apps that came already installed on the phone.

There are some that I will not use and so do not need .

These I wish to dispose of.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

You could not find a computer forum on TV? Your post belongs in:

Internet, computers, communication, technology, above.

But better you try Googling "Samsung S3, how to remove apps" and I expect that you will find much better guidance than you will find on TV.

My advice is accurate, I also have a Galaxy and have looked into this with the same annoying problem.

SDM

• Like 1

Just press and hold app in menu and drag to trash on top

In the version of Android used by Samsung, probably all of the versions, all this does is remove the icon, it doesn't remove the app. As far as I know only my method works. However sometimes apps are bundled in with the OS(such as Chat On with Samsung) and cannot be removed.

sdm

• Like 1

In the version of Android used by Samsung, probably all of the versions, all this does is remove the icon, it doesn't remove the app. As far as I know only my method works. However sometimes apps are bundled in with the OS(such as Chat On with Samsung) and cannot be removed.

sdm

Wrong. I got S4 and it uninstalls apps

Make sure u got latest firmware update.

I got 4.4.2

U can check and update in settings

sdm

I got 4.4.2

Wrong? An unusual concept for one. *

I am running 4.1.2 so accept what you say. I'll do the upgrade later, thanks for that.

Can you remove the bundle that came with the phone like ChatON etc. Like the OP I don't want them either.

SDM

* Yes it's a joke for the guys who love to jump on comments like this.

sdm

I got 4.4.2

Wrong? An unusual concept for one. *

I am running 4.1.2 so accept what you say. I'll do the upgrade later, thanks for that.

Can you remove the bundle that came with the phone like ChatON etc. Like the OP I don't want them either.

SDM

* Yes it's a joke for the guys who love to jump on comments like this.

Most aps u can uninstall. And the ones u cant. U can disable them instead.

Try clean master app

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody knows how to get rid of Chrome I would be grateful.

Try starting a rumor saying Google spies and sells your data?

Petition government to regulate and ban Google software?

Don't buy or download Google products?

Invent something better?

Oh...

Maybe you mean get it off your device. But what device, what OS version? Does your device give you the "Disable" option?

Usually the device needs to first be 'rooted' in order to move the .apk out of a system-owned folder before the app can be 'removed' or 'frozen'.

If anybody knows how to get rid of Chrome I would be grateful.

Try starting a rumor saying Google spies and sells your data?

Petition government to regulate and ban Google software?

Don't buy or download Google products?

Invent something better?

Oh...

Maybe you mean get it off your device. But what device, what OS version? Does your device give you the "Disable" option?

Usually the device needs to first be 'rooted' in order to move the .apk out of a system-owned folder before the app can be 'removed' or 'frozen'.

Got a Moto G with 4.4.4 never use chrome and would rather have the space as don't have card slot.

Got a Moto G with 4.4.4 never use chrome and would rather have the space as don't have card slot.

The recommendation is usually to:

Use Titanium Backup Pro to remove apps so they can be backed up.

Yes you can remove print services, chrome, Motorola services, etc, to free up memory -- but don't touch anything like the dialler, messaging or sim toolkit, that'll kill your phone

The recommendation is usually to:

Use Titanium Backup Pro to remove apps so they can be backed up.

Yes you can remove print services, chrome, Motorola services, etc, to free up memory -- but don't touch anything like the dialler, messaging or sim toolkit, that'll kill your phone

Does it have to be pro or will the cheapskates version do it? What do you mean backed up?

Does it have to be pro or will the cheapskates version do it? What do you mean backed up?

A smartphone firmware (ROM) can ship with application programs pre-installed. If they get installed as System Files they are protected from erasure. Many people refer to unwanted applications that take up memory as 'bloatware'.

Root utilities/privileges is required to allow to special utility programs like Titanium Backup Pro to make changes to your system files.

Unfortunately rooting a phone (adding root utilities/privileges) and deleting bloatware can prevent so-called OTA System Updates from successfully making changes. Backing Up means copying the files and placing them somewhere else (SDCard or move to PC) where they can be recovered in the future to reset the phone back to 'factory fresh' condition.

Note: I don't own a Moto G so cannot verify if this works, but here is an website with instructions:

Warning::: Modifying your mobile phone OS can invalidate your warranty, and possible invalidate the phone from ever being a phone.

http://www.hackmyandroid.com/root-moto-g-using-superboot/7579
  • Like 1

Unfortunately rooting a phone (adding root utilities/privileges) and deleting bloatware can prevent so-called OTA System Updates from successfully making changes. Backing Up means copying the files and placing them somewhere else (SDCard or move to PC) where they can be recovered in the future to reset the phone back to 'factory fresh' condition.

Note: I don't own a Moto G so cannot verify if this works, but here is an website with instructions:

Warning::: Modifying your mobile phone OS can invalidate your warranty, and possible invalidate the phone from ever being a phone.

http://www.hackmyandroid.com/root-moto-g-using-superboot/7579

That's the problem I have with my LG. I unrooted it so I could get the latest updates, but the European stock ROM has masses of bloatware. I want to root it, clean this garbage off, then unroot it cleanly. so it will update in the future. Doesn't seem to be possible.

Unfortunately rooting a phone (adding root utilities/privileges) and deleting bloatware can prevent so-called OTA System Updates from successfully making changes. [...]

That's the problem I have with my LG. I unrooted it so I could get the latest updates, but the European stock ROM has masses of bloatware. I want to root it, clean this garbage off, then unroot it cleanly. so it will update in the future. Doesn't seem to be possible.

OTA System Updates are a special duck. For whatever reason they want the both the hardware and portions of the firmware to both pass validation before updating.

Have you visited the xdadevelopers website? They're usually one of the better sites for finding debloated or custom ROMs for a phone, or finding ways to add root access so you can remove/modify the system yourself.

Unfortunately rooting a phone (adding root utilities/privileges) and deleting bloatware can prevent so-called OTA System Updates from successfully making changes. [...]

OTA System Updates are a special duck. For whatever reason they want the both the hardware and portions of the firmware to both pass validation before updating.

Have you visited the xdadevelopers website? They're usually one of the better sites for finding debloated or custom ROMs for a phone, or finding ways to add root access so you can remove/modify the system yourself.

I've been there loads of times over the years. I find the whole thing a confusing mess. It doesn't help that each phone has loads of regional variations with quite different tools and solutions. For the time being, I can put up with Orange.fr antivirus kicking in or messages in Polish popping up from nowhere. Flashing the new ROM has certainly improved performance otherwise.